From General forum » Exercise Induced Asthma »
An estimated 90% of asthmatics, and 10-50% of given athletic populations suffer from exercise induced asthma! With a high prevalence in endurance sports do you suffer from asthma or exercise induced asthma?
If yes then we need you!
I am a PhD researcher running a number of research trials at Nottingham Trent University these are examining the diagnosis of EIA and in a novel and exciting step whether the managment of EIA can be improved through dietary manipulation.
Who can take part?
- Physically active men (training 3-4 hours a week) aged 18-45
- Who get wheezy and tight chested during exercise or on the cessation of exercise and/or have asthma.
What will you get out of it?
– We will confirm whether you have exercise induced asthma (it is commonly misdiagnosed!),
- Provide free fitness testing,
- Potentially reduce your asthma symptoms.
Next Step - If you would like more information please contact
Mr Neil Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0115 8483820 or
Dr Michael Johnsons: email@example.com
This study has been approved by Nottingham Trent University’s Ethics Committee
Sport, Health and Performance Enhancement (SHAPE) Research Group
School of Science and Technology, Clifton
Nottingham Trent University