Recent media release by AUK says that use of Acetaminophen (pracetamol) has no impact on asthma, yet the data from the trial suggests otherwise.
The study revealed a significant link between acetaminophen use and eczema or asthma risk.
Asthma or eczema risk linked to acetaminophen (paracetamol) was found to be:
* 43% higher asthma risk among medium users compared to non-users
* 31% higher eczema risk among medium users compared to non-users
* 2.51 times the risk of developing asthma among high users compared to non-users
* 99% higher risk of developing eczema among high users compared to non-users
acetaminophen intake was classified as:
* Medium - at least once over the last 12 months
* High - at least once a month