I seem to be developing an allergy to wine! And I love wine! For a while I have got urticaria on my face and neck, and more recently my face and throat have started to swell. So far (touch wood it has gone away with piriton and I have not had to reosrt to the epipen). I think it may irritate my asthma slightly as the smoking ban seems to have had only a minor effect.
Having looked through old threads other people seem to be allergic to the sulphites. How do you know it is the suplhites? It seems to happen with all colours of wine with champagne being the worst (according to a wine buff I know champagne is notoriously high in suplhites). Is there any chance it could be mould spores (as I know I react to thos evil things).
Thanks for any suggestions