advice on garden party sleepova type thing (not sure what its called lol)

hi all

hope you are all well ,desperate for some advice !

right here is my situation , my group of mates and i are all going to be eighteen in the next year (starting in september) we all decided that we would do something really different for each one !

the first person to have a party is in september shes having a marquee (spelling lol) in her garden and we all having a bbq adn then suposed to be sleeping out in the marque ova nite. my prob is cold/damp is a trigger for my asthma and my parents had this crazy idea i shouldnt go cos i will onli end up poorly and its the weekend before we are due to start our last year at college and they said i have enough time off as it is without missing forst days . i managed to get them to allow me to go to the bbq at the mo , but its not fair i really dont want to miss out on one of my best mates 18th party cos of parents decision ova my asthma

i want to be able to go to the whole thing so basically im kind of asking for help/advice as i dont no what to do or what i could settle a compromise with them on

advice ect will be deeply appreciated

i just cant belkive they want me to let my asthma hold me back after everything else !

thanks tinx xxx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • forgot to add , im also open to ideas for what i could do for my own 18th (its not til feb but i have to start these things wen i think about them) basic criteria is it must be slightly different to your normal birthday celebration , thats all , i just want to get the best idea lol thanks again advice on both matters is appreciated greatly xx

• forgot to add , im also open to ideas for what i could do for my own 18th (its not til feb but i have to start these things wen i think about them) basic criteria is it must be slightly different to your normal birthday celebration , thats all , i just want to get the best idea lol thanks again advice on both matters is appreciated greatly xx

• If there your friends I'm sure they will understand, how about suggesting you all sleep indoors? then you dont get to miss out on all the fun :)

• air matterous, sleeping bag, fleece blanket in side sleeping bag, hat, scarf over nose and mouth and a blanket on top of sleeping bag. three pillows and finally summer pjs with winter ones on top. was what i did wen camping last week and i was warm and asthma stayed well. Do not sleep straight on floor!! the key is warm and dry when camping, maybe a single man tent just for u for in marqee?

i know what it is like not wanting to miss out but precautions should be taken.

• ta plumie i will write a list , def taking sleeping bag and i have another friend going who may be takeing a tent we can share as she has had back probs ect so she wont be sleeping directly on the ground either , have to talk to organiser , seeing her next week an its not till sept lol

ta again xx

You may also like...