Need Some Help!

Hi, I am new to this forum but thought it would be useful for get some up-to-date info on asthma medications. My son is almost 16 yrs old and was diagnosed with asthma at six months old. We live in Spain and have done for 7 years. Before we left the UK he was on Becotide and Ventolin. For the first few years of living here, his asthma almost disappeared. However, recently it has returned and as I am out of touch with medications, thought someone could give me the names of some new ones. A consultant here in Spain prescribed Seretide - very good but costs 56euros per month!! I have also read somewhere that Becotide is no longer used in UK. My GP is ok but again, I think is a bit out of touch with latest meds. Any help would be gratefully received.

1 Reply

• Hi and welcome to the forum. Me and my 14yr old son are on Seretide, have to say it's the best inhaler we've been on (and I've been on a lot including Becotide). We also take Ventolin.

I suppose it depends what your son's asthma is like, which is why it's best to be guided by your consultant.

You may also like...