Cleaning and sterilizing Asthma equipment
I am studying ways of improving cleanliness of medical equipment when away from the home environment, for example on holiday or prolonged hospital admissions, for my university degree.
I found the process particularly difficult when staying in hospital and would be keen to find out how others cope. Please could you help me by answering the following questions.
For my study no information will be stored on individuals, just the replies to questions.
Length of time spent in hospital this year:
Length of time spent on holiday this year:
1. What medical equipment do you use that requires regular cleaning?
(E.g. types of nebuliser mouth pieces (please be specific), inhalers and spacers)
2. Describe how you clean your medical equipment at home and how often?
3. Describe how you sterilize your equipment and how often? (Boiling, chemicals?)
Away from home: for example on holiday
4. Does the routine you use at home change when you are away, if so how?
5. What problems have you encountered and how did you solve them?
Staying in hospital
6. How do you continue your cleaning routine when you are staying in hospital, for a period of say 2 weeks?
7. What problems have you encountered and how did you solve them?
8. What was the advice of the nursing staff for cleaning medical equipment on the ward?
9. Does the cleaning process cause you extra stress when in hospital?
10. How could you improve the cleaning routine?