Asthma UK community forum

Support in many ways from PLONKER

Just like to thank everyone on the london marathon course especaily the groups of Asthma supporters ""dotted"" around the course, they gave a hugh lift to the runners, and without them many would not had the effort to finish, also a big thank you to the runners, everyone was ""pulling together"" sharing drinks ,gels and most of importantly encourgement.

My next big thank you goes the the leg supports i was wearing.

5 weeks ago while running in the Silverstone haf Marathon i pulled my left calf, it happen around the 4th mile mark but i did hobble along and finish.

I worked hard to build the muscle up again also purchasing a mueller support.

4 days before the London Marathon i was doing some very light road work when all of a sudden my right calf ""pulled"" fearing the worst, i thought i was not going to be able to take part in the Marathon, anyway i purchased another support and wore two support on each leg (it did look funny) with these supports and a few pain killers i managed to complete the course in under 5hours.

This was my first Marathon and it certainly won't be my last.

I expect to beat my time next year and raise more monies for astham uk .

Thanks everybody...

""PLONKER""

(A.K.A) Paul Grummett

1 Reply
oldestnewest

Well Done Plonker!

I had a dream last night that I ran the marathon in a Rockhopper penguin costume! LOL! More like wheezy heap of a penguin for me!

Kate

You may also like...