Nebuliser servicing

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering where people get their nebulisers serviced. I am just buying my own and like to be prepared ahead of time. I loan one at the moment from the hospital where I was seeing the consultant but he has just discharged me and it is nearly a 60 mile round trip to that hospital. Would I be able to ask my local hospital? When I take their one back I can ask questions there but I am too impatient to wait for then...

2 Replies

• Hello JF,

Firstly, the company who sold you the neb should be able to service it for you. New ones don't often need servicing more than once a year, and some generally don't need it unless you really hammer it over the year. Servicing will cost, and may include a loan machine.

Local hospitals - some may service it for you along with a loan machine. (may be a smaller charge) but they may not be able to service all makes, depending on their training.

What machine have you got and what does the guide say?

Hope this helps

• Thanks for the info Kate,

I have ordered the same model as i have on loan, just a basic Medix Actineb. It hasn't arrived yet so will look at the info when it arrives. My asthma is improving weekly and I currently use it once, sometimes twice a day. I'm hoping that it will be less than once a day soon as I am relying more and more on my ventolin inhaler instead and needing less and less ventolin over time. What level is hammering? lol. I am hoping to be rarely using it by the end of the year, if not I will be buying a quieter, more mobile model.

Thanks Jac xx

You may also like...