You might not always be able to see it, but did you know that London has the worst air pollution in the UK â€“ mainly caused by road transport, but also from boilers heating our homes and buildings?
Did you know that air pollution causes around 1,000 premature deaths every year in the capital?
The London Assemblyâ€™s Environment Committee is investigating air pollution in the capital and would like your VIEWS.
We would like to know what the air is like where you and your family work, live or go to school and whether your health (and asthma) has been affected by air pollution.
Please answer our short survey at: tiny.cc/zcLyK
Alternatively, you can email or write to us at: email@example.com or David Bellman, London Assembly, FREEPOST LON15799, City Hall, The Queenâ€™s Walk, London, SE1 2AA.
The closing date for submissions is Monday, 6 April 2009.
We would like to know:
1. Do you or your family live / work / go to school near a main road (100 metres away)?
2. What do you think the air pollution is like in your area?
3. Do you or your family suffer any effects from air pollution - and if yes, please explain how? Do any factors make it worse, for example, the weather?
4. What do you think should be done to improve air pollution in London?
5. Who do you think is / should be responsible for improving air pollution in London?
6. Please could you let us know what borough you live in?
7. Would you be happy to give us your postcode, so that we can map out the responses?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Chair of the London Assembly Environment Committee