CT Scan?????

Hi Everyone

Can I ask whether anyone has had a CT scan for their asthma? My consultant has booked me in for one in two weeks time because of continuous chest infectons, but I have not heard of anyone with asthma this type of test. I have also had bloods, phlegm and x-ray tests.

If you have had a ct scan, can I ask what it showed.

Thank you

Josie

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I've had quite a few chest CT scans, the only thing mine have ever showed is varying degrees of inflammation.

Hope it goes okay.

• I have had a CT scan before it is nothing to worry about it is used to get a detailed look at your lungs and can help with alternative diagnosis and treatment plans.

• I have had one...it showed not a lot at all, just ruled out lots of other things. It was fine though.

• Had a scan also to rule out any other probs like scars etc.came back ok. Had heart scan also xxx

• My 2yr old daughter has had a ct scan for her asthma too. Again, to rule out things. Was just to make sure the structure was ok within the lungs. It showed inflammation.

Hope yours goes well.

• Mine showed inflamation and bronchiectasis. - it was fine though, just lie down and beathe in and out when it tells you to. good luck!

• Mine showed inflamation and bronchiectasis. - it was fine though, just lie down and beathe in and out when it tells you to. good luck!

• Hi

Thanks to everyone who replied. I guess it must be more common than I thought.

Hope you are all ok

Josie x

You may also like...