hi everyone. I know for specifics that a doctor is in order, but I am asking general questions:
1. if someone who doesn't have asthma takes salbutomol, what effect would that have on their breathing/lung funtion/peak flow/general feeling?
2. if someone has sob related to anxiety, would that be affected by salbutomol? how much (peak flow/lung funtion figures etc) What is placebo relation?
3. Is asthma only recongisable if peak flow is less than 80%of best? what is normal variation? What if it is only 85% of best
4.Is a best peak flow measured after an inhaler or drug-free?
5 can asthma get diagnosed on reported symptoms only, or do you have to have measurable difficulties. What is the most reliable measure?
6. If you had to ask a doctor for a test/tests to diagnose asthma, what tests would you ask for
7. would ""borderline obstruction"" in spirometry be an indication to persue a diagnosis or to back off because it is only borderline?
8. can people without asthma have wheezing observable to others and is that nothing to speak to doctor about
9 (finally) if dr has a patient with the mildest of asthma, should they recall the patient for monitoring or should they just repeat prescriptions ad infinitum and it is up to the patient to make an appt if they want to change anything?
thanks for all info. I am only thinking mild end of spectrum here, not like most of you, but just have these same questions that keep reapperaing that I would like to hear your answers for.
thank you so much for your responses