Salbutamol tablets

hi :)

When i went to see my consultant recently, he suggested I take Salbutamol tablets in addition to my current medication including home nebulised salbutamol and ipratropium bromide.I used to take salbutamol tablets when i was little but i cant remember whether they helped or not! So I was wondering whether anyone here takes it and whether it has made any improvement to them.

thank you. :)

4 Replies

• I tried them once simi, but they caused me to have terrible ""shakes"", so I stopped them again quite quickly.

• Hi Simi,

I took bambuterol tablets a few years back, which are also a beta agonist. As far as I can recall they did reduce my neb use a little but the side effects were worse than the nebs! I have heard a small number of people say that they work well for them, but I think generally the evidence seems to suggest that they are not useful for most people. Everyone's different, though, and anything's worth a try!

Good luck and take care

Em H

• thank you both for your replies :)

i think i will discuss it with my consultant next time.

take care

• prof suggested oral bambuterol for me when there were problems getting the subcut terbutaline, to see if they would tide me over, but managed to get a pump on loan from work so didn't need to try them

You may also like...