I have been struggling for a while now to regain control of my asthma (gone from only needing seretide 125 to being on seretide 500 and montelukast over the last year, with only a small improvement in symptoms) I am avoiding all the definite triggers (smoke, pollen as much as possible etc) and trying to identify others.
I have been to the asthma clinic for a first appointment and he suggested the montelukast which I am now on, and also symbicort which I haven't changed to yet. I'm seeing him again mid august for blood results etc. The consultant has mentioned possible trying long term oral steroids. I really do not want this for all kinds of reasons.
I've really been struggling over the last few days (Peak flow 250-340) but I've never got it higher than that, since this all started. I have had a couple of short courses of pred - last one in april I think. I just don't know how to measure whether it's bad enough to ask for another short course at my GP or to wait till my appointment at the asthma clinic?