She is still in HDU as the planned move yest to resp ward was put on hold till today after we were told results of extensive tests following what she has been through, we knew there might be complications but she did not want me to tell anyone until it was confirmed.
Her heart has suffered some damage from the severe infection and so many resus attempts, part of the wall and muscle has died and as a result is not working as it should and not pumping blood as efficiently, the tests she had done put her at an average age of 70 which she was obviously alarmed about, it means a change in lifestyle when she gets out and referal onto cardiology to see if anything can be done.
Hi main concern, and what was most upsetting is that if something like this happens again her chances of surviving it are very low, he does not know what extra strain her heart could now cope with but there is no test that can determine this, so we will live on a knife edge now with every attack she has and fear if it gets too bad that it could be the last. not easy news to take in and its very difficult for all of us.
IF everything goes to plan with move today and discharge fri or sat morn, and then cons happy with her progress at home when we see him mon/tue he will let her go on hol, as he admitted too that a break away from it all is deffo what we all need! So fingers crossed now that she has no setback in the next week and we can get away and enjoy our hols in Portugal, I know its not going to make it all go away but never thought a few weeks ago we would even be at this point so to be contemplating a holiday at all is huge! it will have to be a complete rest for her though as still weak, so we wont be doing anything except staying at the villa and resting, bliss !!