Yucca

One of my neighbours showed me a little bit of an article about vitamin supplements and it says that Yucca ""is rich in steroid-like saponins that elevate the body,s production of cortisone""-it mentions the anti-inflammatory uses but mainly as a (supposed) alleviation of arthritic-type conditions.Does anyone have any experience of taking Yucca supplements or does it not really help asthmatic-problems?

Ta,

Bluejam.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Not heard of that one before.

Now, shall I go and chomp a chunk out of Spike, my 8ft Yucca plant?

Sounds interesting though!

Kate

PS Spike is safe - no teeth marks in him! LOL.

• someone told me it was good for my sunburn.... end result was I was covered in green sticky stuff and still burning lol

Hope spike is in one piece!

jx

• KATE LEAVE SPIKE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Spike still safe...

Julie ... it is aloe vera gel or lotion that is good for soothing skin!

• Glad to hear spike still safe Kate. please keep it that way i would hate you to lose a friend like he obviously is. lol

• ahhh ok so breaking a bit off and wiping the juice on face wasnt a good idea!

lol :-)

• Yuccas flower too. A very high scented smell, made me sneeze. Had to cut them off.

• Julie, neat aloe gel is OK as long as you avoid the little spikes on the edge of the succulent leaf.

LMC - wow your Yucca flowered? Mine is over 20 years old and yet to flower.

I know some flower when outside and the flower bracts are huge! They are scented to atract insects to pollinate them.

Spike still happy & chomp free! LOL! He has a ribbon around his two branches as the main thick stem is only a foot tall and the two sub stems are 6ft up then curl around a bit before the leaves point upwards - ribbon stops it doing the splits! LOL!

Kate

XXX

• To get back to the question, I know the aloe vera plant is used for various skin conditions, but have not heard of any links between the yucca plant and anti-inflammatory benefits, but I will ask a friend of mine who is very knowledgable about plants and let you know.

• Hi Guy's. I've been very pleased with the results I've had from a Weleda Nasal spray woth Aloe vera, (Rhinodoron) sold as a support for allergies. also found using this little nose spray has helped my breathing generally.

I know the aloe vera plant is used for various skin conditions, but have not heard of any links between the yucca plant and anti-inflammatory benefits,

You may also like...