First of all sorry that I did not come back on last night, (thanks Fiona for doing it for me), I just could not face it, and the hardest thing I have ever had to do was go home and tell her parents and especially Lewis, it broke my heart to see him cry like that.
Met with the consultant a few mins ago and he said they might try again later today, after they have re-assessed her, so we will have to wait and see on that one, he said not to be too despondent about the fail yesterday (hmm easy for him to say!), as it showed some positive signs in that she was able to retain her sats for a short while, and it also gave them a good indication that they were doing it right, as if they had just extubated her right out she probably would have had to of been re-ventilated straight away, and that would of put even more strain on her body. He also said that it was probably to be expected after what her body went through with the drug reaction a couple of dayâ€™s prior.
He also said that there never was an â€œideal timeâ€ with critical patients, and more often than not itâ€™s worth a try, more so, so they can assess the reaction and know more about what her body is capable of doing on its own at the moment.
For me, I just got my hopes up too much I guess and have to be patient (I beginning to hate that expression!), especially as we approach the 3 week mark tomorrow, my patients has become a little frayed around the edges.
So, another day of sitting and waiting I guess. Take care all.
And snowygirl If I find out you have been up & about today you will get a severe telling off lol