Is this a chest infection?

I just wondered if I knew if I had a chest infection or not!??! After reading peoples post on here, if I do have one I don't want to leave it too long, but then I dont want to go to the docs if its just a cold.

About a week ago I started with an annoying tickly cough, when it started I had some reliever and it settled for 15 mins or so and would then start again so I just put up woth it. At the time I noticed my PF had dropped from 550 to 450 and I had a heavy feeling in my chest. For the last few days I now have more of a chesty cough but it comes and goes. Sometimes its like I need to cough something up but I can't get it (sorry gross I know!!) but when I can get it, its not a gross colour or anything.

I know noone can offer medical advice but any thoughts before I pester the doc??

2 Replies

• I would definitely check in with the doctor.I've got a chest infection now - left it too late going to doctor and as a result on antibiotics and steroids and still feeling pretty awful! Occasionally I've gone thinking I have got an infection, and I havent, but better safe than sorry! Don't worry about pestering the doctor, they are very well paid and that's what they are there for.

• Sounds exactly like what i've got and i've just been put on antibiotics and pred, probably worth checking out. I didn't want to go as I went a few days ago and was sent away with a 'double your preventer if you really need to' and i didnt want to go back, but my mum pointed out that as an asthmatic it is always better to be safe than sorry and even if they think its just a cold you might be best on an increase in meds or just a bit of a double check to make sure you're ok.

You may also like...