Worst attack yet - what do I do now?

I have asthma but whenever I've had an attack before my inhaler's worked fine & I've been ok. I developed a cough and sore throught overnight?! so felt a bit rough this morning. Today at work I was feeling really wheezy for a good few hours but my inhaler didn't really help. I stupidly carried on (work on self scan in supermarket) cos I felt bad about making them short staffed etc. anyway it got worse so I went and sat down in the office and kept taking my inhaler as usual but it wasn't working. Was quite scared and shakey - got pins and needles and dizzy. This was def my worst attack yet and really scary.

anyway, the point of this message is what do I do now? I still have this horrible chesty cough and it's definately harder to breathe than normal. don't want to bother anyone but it was kinda scary and I'm guessing someone will know.

4 Replies

• If you can't breathe and your inhaler does not help you need to seek urgent medical attention, go to A&E.

Asthma UK's guidelines on asthma attacks can be found here

• hi

If no improvement after taking your medicines you need to get seen asap. Because asthma doesn't settle by itself. Take care.

• Hi zippi,

i would go to AnE if you are breathless and also a visit to the docs or asthma nurse to

review your asthma meds as might need a add on treatment .

Good luck love Glynis x

• Been put on 30mg pred for a week and antibiotics. Hopefully will help x

Thanks I've managed to make an appointment for this afternoon. Hopefully they'll actually listen to me x

You may also like...