Cervical cancer or cyst please help: Hello I’m new... - Ask Eve

Ask Eve

1,168 members318 posts

Cervical cancer or cyst please help

Callumlee123
Callumlee123

Hello I’m new here and would really appreciate some advice. So I went to gp as have had irregular periods for 6 months pain during and after sex pelvis hip lower back and leg pain for last two months. I haven’t had a smear because I was always bleeding so urgent referral to gynecologist done but have a min of 4 months waiting to be seen. Gp had a look and cervix only visual and said she could see a couple of cysts but I’ve took a picture of my cervix and that is not what I’m feeling. I can feel and see two very hard lumps and further up at least another 1 or 2 lumps very hard. I have discomfort every time I check and the lumps are twice the size as a month ago. I will provide a picture for your thoughts and advise. Discusting I know but I’m concerned as my cervix feels deformed. I can’t even have sex any more. Hopefully pic will be allowed to go up . Please I appreciate any advice .

Thank you .

2 Replies
oldestnewest
AskEveTeam
AskEveTeamAdministrator

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. We're really sorry to hear you're experiencing this pain and worry.

We're unable to offer a diagnosis over this platform/make an assessment based on a photograph, I'm afraid. This is something that will need to be shown to and discussed with your GP. As your symptoms have worsened (you mentioned you're now not able to have sex) can we suggest going back to your GP and reporting this to them? It's correct that as you were having abnormal bleeding (bleeding that's not normal for you as an individual - everyone is different/has different bleeding patterns) your GP referred you for a gynae appointment rather than carried out a cervical screening (smear) but an urgent referral would be within 2 weeks (or thereabouts), rather than a 4 month wait. Can we ask that when you report the pain/being unable to have sex that you also ask why this wasn't passed as an urgent referral, or ask if it can be put onto the 2 week referral pathway for further investigations.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our nurse service on nurse@eveappeal.org.uk

Best Wishes,

The Ask Eve Team

Thanks so much for your reply.

I finally have another examination with smear app this friday so I will show the dr the pics and ask her to check. Depending on finding by my gp they will look to extradite the referral.

I’ll let you know the out come as it’s useful to other women experiencing what I am.

Thank you for your time .

You may also like...