Ask Eve
676 members162 posts

Heavy/full feeling in vagina, if not prolapse then what?

Hello!

I've been experiencing a feeling of heaviness or fullness in the vagina, maybe even like things are just very swollen down there. It comes and go for long stretches, doesn't seem to be related to cycle. I've also noticed that at the entrance to my vagina there's a ring of pink (sometimes white) swollen flesh that wasn't there a few years ago, and I wonder if that could be causing what I'm feeling.

Multiple OBGYN's have told me I have no signs of prolapse—one described my cervix as "way up there." I'm 26, never had any children. Have been under-treated for hypothyroidism for a couple of years, which can compromise muscles, but have now been on proper hormone dosage for a few months. Also had severe constipation with mono a year ago, and would push very hard to use the bathroom for 3-6 months. So I still worry about prolapse, even though multiple doctors have disconfirmed it.

What could be causing this sensation, and is there anything I can do to make it go away or ease my mind about the prolapse issue?

Thank you.

1 Reply
oldestnewest

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. The fact that your doctors have confirmed that you haven't got/had a prolapse is great news. We would like to suggest that you do book in to see your GP about the skin at the entrance to your vagina, as there have been some changes in colour. It isn't likely to be anything to worry about, but at Eve we do stress that any changes to your own gynae 'normal' should be checked out.

Wishing you all the best,

Team Eve