Ask Eve
656 members158 posts


Hi I'm 17 years old and I need some advice. My mam has always told me since I was 14 to check once or twice a month around the ladies area. I checked yesterday and I have notices there is a painful lump a size of a pea under my skin. I am so embarrassed to go to the doctors and get them to check as it is uncomfortable. I have also have PCOS so is this related, help and advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

1 Reply

Hi Abbie,

We're so glad you got in touch with us. You're definitely not alone in finding the idea of a vulva examination embarrassing. Answering your question about the link to PCOS - it is highly unlikely that the lump you have found under your skin is related to your PCOS. This lump is probably nothing to worry about, and could be as simple as a blocked hair follicle. However, it's still a good idea to get this checked out and we'd like to suggest that you see your doctor, just to be sure.

If you would like to talk to our specialist Nurse, Tracie, please email us on or phone 0808 802 0019.

Best Wishes,

Team Eve.