Anxiety Support NZ

Bisitation

Question for all the fathers out there—how long did it take you to introduce your children to your new boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancé/wife? My new fiancé has been going through a court battle for visitation two months ago he was granted weekends with restrictions meaning no one could interfere in there schedules visit so that meant me not talking to him almost all weekend maybe a few texts here and there. Not he was finally granted and ruled every mother weekend and all the other stuff. I have been fighting along side him almost the whole entire time. This weekend is his first official scheduled weekend visitation with no restrictions and he still seems like he does not want me to come over to finally meet his daughter like I’m still a secret mind you he has met my kids since we were like a month in of dating

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Maybe he just needs more time? Hopefully you’ve met his kid(s) now. If not just ask him about it. Guys don’t do multi-level thinking that deeply so maybe it hasn’t caught on that this is making you anxious?

He is probably anxious. Give him this first unrestricted visit then bring it up to him.