derealization, dissassociation

hi, I am new to this site, and I am so glad I found it because i feel that i really need support now with my anxiety because it is preventing me from living my life and even leaving my room. Even when I am in my room, I have this feeling of derealization, that nothing is actually real or actually there. Also, I cant seem to focus in on anything and remember things. Also, i feel like moments and passing me by and i feel like im not in my body. At night I am afraid that i will not wake up from sleeping, and I constantly have shortness of breath. I was wondering if anybody knew how to stop derealization and disassociation forms of anxiety. I feel like I am pretty sleep deprived which may be causing it, but I was wondering will this lifeless, and feeling of not existing or anything being real, go away?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It will go away for 6 months I lived like that and I still have trouble leaving my house too but it will get better the key is to tap into your surroundings like touch something or talking to someone it will help focus on a person or one thing it's hard but keep trying

• it will get better with time....I've been living with anxiety for more than 6years now just lastnite i woke up to the same horror,at some point i even felt like i was loosing my mind and my surroundings seemed unreal,my heart started racing and i felt faint.It was very much daunting and yes I've experienced so many of these episodes before so i just got myself out of bed and had a glass of water.going back to bed was traumatic as i thought i'll never make it till morning.... but you know what? i gave in and went back to bed.I woke up this morning feeling so helpless and i just broke down into tears reverting back to last nights ordeal. I wasn't going to let yesterday's scenario ruin today so I put on my makeup,that floral dress that i like so much and stepped into society.I have come to the realization that every time i get these attacks and what triggers them is the fact that I'm stressing about stuff so I use them as my "stress alert's" and deal with the stress but not the anxiety :-)

• HOw do you feel now