Anxiety please help me!!

Hi am new on here am for the last month I have been suffering with anxiety due to wen my nana died in dec just gone so from there it's been getting worse I have been to the doctors and they put me on protocol on I think that's what it's called but am scared to take them I am crying all the time and that am next to die sounds silly really but I carnt help myself as anybody else felt the same please let me no and some advise would mean a lot as I have 3 young children and I want to see them grow up xx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your distress. It's not uncommon for people to find themselves feeling vulnerable and concerned about their own mortality when someone close to them dies. Over time these feelings should lessen.

However, your distress sounds quite high and so you're doing the right thing by using your doctor for help. It may be a good idea to touch base with him or her again and discuss your concerns about the medication prescribed and he/she may be able to reassure you about how it is supposed to work and any issues you may have about taking it.

Without knowing where you live I don't know what other support there may be for you, either through your GP's practice or other sources - it doesn't all have to be about medication.

Finally, please don't lose hope. Anxiety is often transient and there are very practical things that can help you to manage it and to get back to a place of some peace of mind.

Kind Regards

Ian

Anxiety Suppport

Mental Health Advocacy and Peer Support Trust

• i have been taking sertraline for 6 month for deppression and anxiety now i have fund out it can give you cancer how can they give you this if it can

• i have been taking sertraline for 6 month for deppression and anxiety now i have fund out it can give you cancer how can they give you this if it can

• Oh dear. Take a deep breath. Death is part of life. This sounds like a very severe depression. Have you tried talking with anyone about your loss? You need to find some sort of acceptance so that you can continue on with your life. For your nana. For your self and for your children.

As for worrying that you will be next to die, this is more common than you know. This is again where I think talking to someone ( like a therapist) might be incredibely helpful. I went through something very similiar for months..

It takes help.time.strength & love. I know that because you are already searching for help this too shall pass. You will smile again. You will have peace again and your nana can't wait for that day.

You may also like...