Constant butterflies, literally

Okay so around May 2013 I started having this butterfly feeling in my stomach, and I've had it since then. Constantly, non-stop, no breaks. I basically haven't relaxed for a year, or have been happy either. This is making me really depressed and I don't know what to do. It sometimes feel like an adrenalin rush, and it's like I'm nervous for something I don't know.

It has gone too far, it has ruined everything, and I'm wishing death for myself. I don't have much of an appetite anymore, I'm pretty much just sitting in my room day in and day out. I'm currently not on any meds, but I would like to try some. Have anyone ever felt this way and if so, for how long did you have it and is it gone now?

Thanks. 16 male

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi 16 male

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate feelings, it certainly sounds like anxiety you're experiencing.

It's important to understand that there is nothing to be ashamed about feeling this way, nor is it unusual, at any one time about 20% of the population experiences anxiety at some level. People just don't talk about it because they mistakenly think it's just them or they're weak or weird or whatever.

Given how strongly this is affecting you however, and especially as it's complicated by depression and thoughts of death, you need someone you can trust, a friend or family, to confide in and to support you. I also strongly urge you to talk with your doctor, they may prescribe medication but hopefully they will aslo help you to understand why these feelings have arisen because this will assist you to be able to manage them. They may suggest another agency that can provide you with support, for example here in Christchurch we have an organisation called 298 Youth Health, with loads of expereince in helping young people with all sosrts of issues.

Finally, don't despair, what you're feeling is common but it is also very recoverable and with help you can get your life fully back together.

Kind Regards

Ian

You may also like...