Does anyone with anxiety find that before going into a sleep, gets palpitations/tremors which are sore and scary I take sleeping pills

but find when going into a sleep the tremors are so bad , ive been to the doctors but they say my heart is ok so would really like to hear advice from people in the same situation as me for some reassurance and advice ie, what's the pain like, do you take sleeping tablets which ones, what advice have you had from your doctor,

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I get the shaky heart tremors if I have been woken suddenly or don't get enough sleep.

• I thought at first thee was something wrong with my heart but the doctor says no, I just feel this heart tremor would be more easy for me to accept if I no other people wit anxiety have this awaiting replys

• I regularly used become aware of my heart "flapping" as I tried to go to sleep

Its Horrid and initially thought I would die

My Gp said it was a type of panic attack and I now do a relaxation technique as I try to relax enough to fall asleep and I take Kalms or any form of sleep aid from the chemists or supermarkets (Valerian, lemon verbena , lavender) its best to vary them so you dont get immune to their effects I dont take st Johns Wart as it can conflict with other meds

Its also a good idea to eat some form of carbohydrate food Just before bed ~ bowl of cerial,banana,brown toast or lettuce sandwich (lettuce helps you sleep)

The Best advice I got was to get up fairly early (9 ish suits me) because if I sleep in for an Hour then it takes me an hour to get to sleep at night and for that hour I get the heart flapping and panicky upset feelings

All the very best

Katie

• "Its also a good idea to eat some form of carbohydrate food Just before bed ~ bowl of cerial,banana,brown toast or lettuce sandwich (lettuce helps you sleep) "

I never knew this.

..I'll have to try and remember that, thanks Katie. :)

You may also like...