Have i done the right thing?

Iv been to see my doc again this morning i said im feeling better since my bad panic attack what knocked me for 6. But still not 100% i was told its also a mixture or depression or stress mixed in with my anxiaty i start my counciling tomorrow and the juniour doc tried blagging me into having medication aswel as counciling saying i will be on it for 6month and gradualy lower the dosage but i said nope i hate taking my tabs im on neather mind more and i would rather see how counciling goes have i done the right thing not going on medication??????

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • like you i hate taking medication sometime we do have to admit that we need a little help ,

my doc keeps trying to up mine i refuse as i want to deal with it not disbuise it all

if after conselling you dont feel any better you can always go back and then try meds .

Good luck tomorrow x

• I agree with Bee, nobody wants to take medication, but they could help to support you while you have counselling. If you feel extremely anxious and/or depressed then meds can be very beneficial, not sure what I would have done without them!

• Hi Nath, you can discuss this in counselling. Its no a one time offer, if you want to have a go and see if you're strong enough to cope without them good on you, but there is also nothig wrong with adimitting you may need a little extra help too. Just be honest with yourself and reach out when you need to. Your GP can still prescribe meds if you decide it may be a good idea later x

• Counselling is would opt for because medication I was on 08/09, sent me dizzy, sick, blurred vision and with look after children my youngest was 4. I took them for two days and done self help.

You may also like...