What ways do u think are the best to relax??!

Hi all,

I find that feeling anxious and stressed creeps up on me without me even realising. It just seems to come from nowhere sometimes!! I'd love to get into a routine where I can do activities/relaxation techniques on a regular basis but have no idea where to start.

When I first started with depression and anxiety I found that keeping a diary helped so much. I could track my feelings and thoughts and work out triggers... Does anyone else do this?

I have quite a busy lifestyle and often don't take enough time for myself to just relax and de stress and end up waiting until I'm at my wits end before splurging a few pages in my diary to vent my anxiety and frustrations.... It'd be lovely to get a handle on this before it gets to that stage though, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions and if u use any techniques on a regular basis I'd love to know.

Thanks

Love rose xxx

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Rose me again :)

Think as you have a busy life , you have answered this yourself in a way ...you need to find more time for you

We all find different things relaxing , reading , music , hot bubble baths & so on , but we have to be kind to ourselves & make sure we have some "me " time , try & give yourself some , as much as you can ..you deserve it

Love

whywhy

xxx

• Yea they're all good ideas and ur right it's about planning in the time to just say 'tonight is just about me relaxing'. It's hard when u spend so much emotionally energy on anxious thoughts isn't it. And I think finding a routine that works with a busy lifestyle too can be difficult. Uve made me feel so welcome on here, I can't thank you enough! Xxx

• Hi Jamie,

It's funny you should say this about stress... My anxiety is loads worse the more stressed I am and think in starting to recognise it now. And thanks so much for sending this link, ill save it to my faves and check it iut!! But a lot of it for me is also self esteem. Just being able to think about myself in a positive light, and to give the people who don't respect me enough a wide birth, if you know what I mean. I used to think that just having company from people was enough, but I'm learning that my self esteem is better if I stay on my own rather than be with people who are 'toxic'. Until I feel more confident in myself that is to find positive rships.

Ill let u know when I've been on ur site properly, had a quick look and think it'll be very useful!!

Rose xxx

You may also like...