Still struggling : Every day is a battle... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

48,215 members47,669 posts

Still struggling

xsor profile image
xsor

Every day is a battle from the minute I wake I feel so awful sweating fear dread awful thoughts of never getting better I have been like this for so long and am getting no better if anything I’m getting worse

I don’t enjoy anything in life anymore I look forward to going to sleep cause it the only way to escape these feelings

I’m on citropram and awaiting a call from the intermediate team after therapy didn’t work I try everything and have tried everything nothing seems to be working

Sorry for rant I’m just fed up feeling like this day in day out feels like I’m in a living nightmare

Hugs to those in need 🤗🤗🤗🤗

60 Replies

I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling. I pray u get relief soon. I'm experiencing something similar. From the moment I awake, I obsess about my blood pressure. I get so anxious just thinking about checking it. All day, everyday, I am compelled to check and the anxiety is awful.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to PharmE

I have a pulse oxomiter I’m obsessed with it is so awful isn’t it x

PharmE profile image
PharmE in reply to xsor

Yes. Feels like the blood pressure monitor is taking over my life. I hate it. I feel stuck in a cycle

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to PharmE

I know hun luckily I haven’t got one else I’d be the same as you x

Sorry, Since I Got OCD. I Don’t Enjoy Life Anymore Either.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to nkotbjoeymc

Sending u some hugs lovely 🤗🤗🤗🤗

nkotbjoeymc profile image
nkotbjoeymc in reply to xsor

Right Back At You.

xsor profile image

Xxxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to nkotbjoeymc

how long have you had it?

nkotbjoeymc in reply to fib4

Since I Was A Kid I Had OCD But It Didn’t Start Interfering With My Life Untill 1988.

In 1989, I Got Hospitalized For A Very Long Time.

Hi there, I've just found your post! I'm so so sorry you feel this way! I can really relate. It's so hard to get motivated and get on with life isn't it. I suffer with depression and anxiety and have health issues. I push myself to meet friends, go for walks, garden, food shop, etc. And boy it's such a struggle! I've learnt to say no if I'm not feeling great and telling people how I feel. If they don't get it? Then I will only surround myself with people who understand, I've learnt to be kind to myself. It's small steps and some days I go and lie down if I have low energy. I wish I could wave a magic wand to take the pain away. No your not alone, although I'm sure you feel alone in your head as I do at times. Sending hugs and thoughts to you xxxxxxx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Evelynarnold

Thankyou for your reply it’s good to feel I’m not alone xxx

My Health Issue’s Are Awful As Well.

No Energy At All Unless It’s Hot Out.

Then It’s A Little Bit Better.

Yes! I'm trying to go out today shopping! Slept well which is a bonus! But will be shattered when I get back xx

Did You Go Out?

xsor profile image

I’ve developed agrophobia so I don’t go out xxx

Sorry To Hear About This.

Yes! It was ok! I find the mornings a struggle! The anxiety and fear sets in! I fear living! Everything's so fast and so complicated. I'm afraid I live in the past. I like the simple things in life. It's hard to make conversations sometimes. I had to give up work due to health and depression. People think I'm confident and outgoing, but I put on an act and that can be exhausting, unless I'm around people who love me for who I am. I tell it as it is and as I've got older I don't worry what people think of me, as I know a lot of people struggle in this day and age. I hope your ok and you have some support xx

For Me, Morning’s Are The Worse.

xsor profile image

I’m bad in the morning and evenings xxx

Evening’s Are Bad For Me But They Used To Be.

xsor profile image

I get tired and ready to sleep about 6 o’clock lol cause i feel that bad xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to Evelynarnold

i'm the same way i have to force my self to go to my job always have feelings of dread it's awful to go through everyday of your life like that

i know exactly how you feel from the time i wake up i have feelings of dread every single day

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

Thankyou for reply it is so awful xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

it is awful these feelings of dread follow me all through the day i'm always waiting for something bad to happen to me

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

Me too hunny xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

how do you cope it's like i'm afraid of everything

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I don’t cope very well hun I spend most of my time sat in my bedroom xxx

do you work or drive?

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I have been off work for 10 months hun and I don’t drive xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

what did you do for a living?

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I was a nurse in a hospital xxx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to xsor

I caught coronavirus and nursed patients with it the drs therapists etc... think that’s what triggered this anxiety disorder xxx

oh wow i'm a cook in a hospital how long have you had anxiety

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I have it 7 years but always been able to deal with it till 10 months ago and it’s left me so so bad xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

same here mine gets worse with age sometimes all i want to do is sleep where do you live? i'm in north east Pa.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

North west hun sunny Blackpool xxxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

UK ?

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

Yeah xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

so do you stay in bed all the time or do you get up and do things?

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I try get up and do things depending on how I’m feeling xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

i also have other issues going on hypochondriac and agoraphobic it's all i can do to leave the house to go to work and then i hurry back at the end of the day to my safety zone

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I know darling it’s so awful and so not fair xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

do you have a significant other?

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

I do but he doesn’t understand xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

same here he thinks it's all in my head and i make this stuff up

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

Yep same here hun it’s so awful people don’t understand xxx

fib4 profile image
fib4 in reply to xsor

it sure is glad we got to talk i'm here any time you feel like talking

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to fib4

Right bak at you hun xxx

Sorry To Hear About This. 🙏

hi Im sorry your feeling so miserable,it doesnt really help or does it for me to tell you that I have felt more Anxiety and unpleasant feelings everyday ,for at least3 years non stop---but Im very slowly coming back to where I was before all this began--i have had agorophobia,and Anxiety since I was in my late teens-learning how to cope and understanding is the only way forward and for that I thank the very late DrClaire Weeks-she describes how to deal with what she calls Nervous Illness,as thats what it is and she is online her book was a Godsend to me when younger and now much older!believe me her work is invauable and quite a few people on this site agree,hoping your day gets better!😇

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to goldieoldie

Thankyou hun I really need to get this book xxx

goldieoldie profile image
goldieoldie in reply to xsor

I think only place to get it is in Amazon,or local library as she long passed and her first books Self -Hlp for your nerves and the one I recently read was Essential help for yor nerves,,,glad to help. take care

xsor profile image

Thankyou again and I’m sorry you were so poorly for so long xxx

Im quite a sturdy person regardless of my age and my brainpowers not too bad either,just anxiety and sadness about a lot of things get me down.I have always had an interest in Mental Health😇❤️

xsor profile image

It’s a awful illness hun anxiety has knock me for six never thought it could do this to a person I was always active worked 4 nights a week house was always clean and tidy now I struggled to even get and of bed xxx

Im so sorry to hear that,but dont let it win,learn to relax and breath properly,Im only saying this as I know its true -I dont even know you but by what you said ,have your vitamin B12 checked as well as any iron deficiency,,just a thought--its a horrible debilitating illness ,but as Dr Claire Weeks states Accept-dont fight it as it increases your already tense nervous system--I and tension in anyones body is cotious as we tend to try and fight the inner turmoil,hope that makes some sense to you (continous --its not spelling properly my laptop...

xsor profile image

I had my bloods done a few weeks back I have a folate deficiency and vitamin d xxx

Hopefully you will get the right remedy and feel less worn out, take carex

You may also like...