Blood test : So finally after 9 months of... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

47,873 members47,482 posts

Blood test

xsor profile image
xsor

So finally after 9 months of what I’ve been told is a anxiety disorder I’m having a blood test tomorrow

However I’ve not been out of the house as I’ve developed agrophobia any tips on how to stay calm my sister is taking me in her car but am dreading going out but I need this blood test as it’s been playing on my mind that there is something else wrong with me other than anxiety

Thanks for replies in advance

Hugs to those in need 🤗🤗🤗

14 Replies

xsor, I was Agoraphobic for 5 years so I understand the fear in going out.

The blood test is important for you to have. It may be the turning point in reassuring

you that it may all point to Anxiety and nothing life threatening.

My sister would come with me as well. I would tell her that it's better we don't chat

going there. I would put on sun glasses to cut down on all the visual stimulation around

me and then pop on my headphones and listen to a calming relaxation app. During that

time I would focus on my breathing which if done properly can bring down the adrenaline

levels and calm both the Mind and the Body. Good Luck with your appointment :) xx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Agora1

Thankyou so much agora that is brilliant advice and that’s is what I’ll be doing Thankyou xxx

Agora1 profile image
Agora1 in reply to xsor

Let me know how it goes for you hugs :) xx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Agora1

Thanks agora I will let u know I need it done xxx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Agora1

I had a panic attack in the waiting room was going to walk out but my sister stopped me had it done and got back home hopefully I will sleep well tonight xx

Agora1 profile image
Agora1 in reply to xsor

xsor, good for you. You showed Anxiety who is in charge.

Your sister did right. You will rest better because you won the challenge :) xx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Agora1

Thankyou agora I did beat it today didn’t I with a little help from my sister 🤗🤗🤗xxx

Agora1 profile image
Agora1 in reply to xsor

You sure did...and you'll do it the next time as well :) xx

Fear is part of anxiety ... so you have to face it. If you let anxiety rule your comings and goings, it only gets worse or no better.

Anxious hypochondriacs (which are extremely common) are a doctors' best friend. They will test .... test ...... test ....... and more testing .... and it will almost always come back negative.

You need to get to the 'root' of your problem ...... calm down the fear, anxiety and faulty thinking, so you can break the cycle and begin to recover.

You are stronger than you think. You can do this. Big hugs

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Whiskers16

Thankyou darling I are my rock xxx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to xsor

U

Whiskers16 profile image
Whiskers16 in reply to xsor

And you are mine xxx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Whiskers16

Sending u so many hugs 🤗🤗🤗🤗 don’t know how I would get through my days without u hun xxxx

You may also like...