Struggle every day: Hi all hope your well... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

47,874 members47,482 posts

Struggle every day

xsor profile image
xsor

Hi all hope your well

Has anyone suffered long term with anxiety as in I can’t go out of the house most of my days are spent in bed I feel ill all the time I’m struggling I get so fed it with the way I am and feel I’ve been like this for 9 months now I’m on medication and have had therapy I’m awaiting a call from the intermediate team can anyone relate to this

Thankyou for replies in advance

Hugs to those in need 🤗🤗🤗

29 Replies

Are you, in fact, really ill? It might be a good idea to see your doctor for a check up. Is the reason you cannot get out of the house that you have agoraphobia? Perhaps you can explain a little more about the issues that trouble you. xx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to b1b1b1

Yeah I’ve developed agrophobia due to the anxiety disorder I have been on the phone to the doctor constantly for most of these 9 months b1 and they just keep saying it’s anxiety

I worry it’s something more I feel so terrible everyday it gets me so down in all these months I’ve had no tests to rule anything else out

Thankyou for reply

b1b1b1 profile image
b1b1b1 in reply to xsor

Do try to get to your doctor for a good check up, and at least basic blood tests. That may relieve your mind a bit. I know that it is really dreadful to feel sick and at the same time to be depressed and anxious. It's a terrible combination. xx

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to b1b1b1

A lot of the anxiety is health related I am hoping to get somewhere with the intermediate team I have been told off every dr/ nurse therapist it’s anxiety I’m struggling to understand how I can feel so awful everyday for as long as I have xxx

b1b1b1 profile image
b1b1b1 in reply to xsor

what medical tests have you had that makes the doctors so sure it is anxiety?

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to b1b1b1

Since this started hun nothing I’ve had no tests no bloods no chest X-ray no nothing b1 that’s what plays in my mind cause I feel so poorly every day I tell the drs / nurses ect... but they just say it’s anxiety and yeah how can they be so sure x

b1b1b1 profile image
b1b1b1 in reply to xsor

Well, I really feel for you. I don't understand how they can say that nothing is wrong if they have not at least done some basic tests. Can you see a different doctor and explain the situation and have a check up? If you are in the UK can you see a doctor privately? xx

I had severe anxiety. Went from one doctor to another. Tested and tested and tested. Manifested as every physical ailment you can imagine ... and then some. It's the great mimic of diseases.

I read your story and it makes me remember how I was .... and what I thought. I was sure I was dying ..... they just hadn't found out what was killing me yet.

I finally found a doctor who examined me and said directly, "You have acute Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I'm going to give you a prescription to break the cycle."

I took the med for 3 months. Then, they wanted me on SSRI and other meds for life. I told them I would treat it with education and natural approaches.

That is what I did .... and today it's in remission, feel great, and not on any medication.

I do remember ... early while undergoing treatment, I had monthly appointments and the doctor would ask me, "How do you feel?" I remember telling him for 6 months or so ... that I felt terrible. Now, only an anxiety sufferer would know exactly what I meant ... the tightness in my chest .... heart palpitations .... tension ....... brain fog and catastrophic thinking ... insomnia .... on and on.

Face down the fear ... and the anxiety fades away like a paper tiger. Good Luck!

This is me how I can so relate to this Thankyou so much for your reply xx

These symptoms sound familiar. Not a great place to be in.

One has no quality of life with acute GAD.

Hi xsor, I’m so sorry your going through this, anxiety is a monster and can cause all types of illness. I’m like you hun, feel rough most days, don’t go out because I panic in the shop and I’m so frightened all the time. I’m still waiting for the cbt team to call me but they are so busy been waiting for months now. Wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better. Just believe me when I say your not alone and I’m here for you if you need me x take care sending 🤗 hugs x

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Cimmy

Thankyou cimmy words mean so much I’m awaiting for the intermediate team to call me and hopefully will get somewhere with them xx

Sure can I feel the same love tryed loads of antidepressants put me on gabapentin now feel worse but I’ll try put up with the side effects heart racing shaking just don’t feel normal x

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Jimmyluke55

That that’s how to explain it as well just don’t feel normal hugs to u hun 🤗🤗🤗xxx

Hi xsor. I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone. I can relate to what you’re feeling, as I developed agoraphobia in 2018 and since then have very rarely left the house. I spoke to a therapist trained in CBT twice a week for 7 months, and although it felt good to talk, it didn’t do much for my agoraphobia and anxiety. Over the years I have found that advocating for yourself is the greatest gift you can give yourself. In other words, don’t ask for a blood test. Request a blood test. That is absolutely within your right. And I’ve also found that sometimes the best way to help yourself is to help yourself. If you look online there are many CBT books/workbooks/programs that you can purchase and work through at home. I’ve started doing that and have personally found this approach far more effective for me than speaking for an hour once or twice a week. I put Post its up on my walls/mirrors reminding myself of positive affirmations, to stay positive, and even copies I’ve made from CBT workbooks. If you don’t want to purchase them, if you just google CBT worksheets (for agoraphobia/anxiety/etc), there are many free and helpful resources that will come up as well. I wish you the best. And you’re not alone in your struggle.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to FigMcNewton007

Thankyou lovely I have just book a appointment with a different doctor so gonna tell her how it is xx

I can certainly relate to what you say. Although I've suffered panic attacks and anxiety on and off for many many years it has escalated big time since last Dec. I've quite driving by myself, going out alone, I rely on my husband to take me. I can no longer lead a normal life, one that I used to enjoy. I've become very depresses and cry a lot, many sad thoughts. I have tried so many different meds in the past 20 yrs but none truly helped. I am now talking to a physcotherapist once a week, but holding out little hope. I'm sick of myself but can't get hold of the daily fear I deal with. I hope you will find help.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to kama24

Sending u some hugs hug and just to say you are not alone I’m sick of myself but am struggling to get out of this hole I’m in 🤗🤗🤗🤗xx

kama24 profile image
kama24 in reply to xsor

Thank you for your kindness. My world exploded big time in 2015 with my anxiety getting worse. I managed it so so until Jan. of this year, now its fear every day. All we can do is take one day at a time. Take care.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to kama24

I know hun I’ve had gad for 7 years but always been able to deal with it went to work sorted the kids looked after house etc... then I caught Covid last April and nursed patients with Covid which the drs therapists say that was the trigger I’ve have struggled everyday ever since I just wanna feel me again xxx

kama24 profile image
kama24 in reply to xsor

You are very brave and have been through a lot. I also say "I just want to be me again" I'm breaking down every few min. tonight. I feel so short of breath and fear the worse, its been since Jan. A chest xray was negative. Everyone believes its my gad, perhaps they are right but no matter what I try nothing helps. I find it very frightening to be short of breath. So many are in far worse health than I am. I try to remined myself of that. Stay safe.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to kama24

I struggled with shortness of breath hun and the feeling of not been able to breath constantly so I feel for u hun xxx

kama24 profile image
kama24 in reply to xsor

I don't feel so alone now. The nausea has returned full force. I had it 24/7 for 4 yrs. had every medical test they could think of and no diagnosis found so I lived with it. I am determined to get rid of this breathing issue, I don't know how but I don't want to give up.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to kama24

I know hun I am not gonna give up and am so determined to beat this but yeah breathing my mind is always on it it’s horrible xx

kama24 profile image
kama24 in reply to xsor

I am going next Sat. for the covid vaccine and am visualizing all sorts of frightening things. The mind is so powerful.

Jomico profile image
Jomico in reply to kama24

Please look into diaphrammatic breathing exercises(youtube) often people caught in anxiety traits breath from the upper parts of the lung lobes because their chest muscles are in too much tension to allow normal respiration.....so most of the air in the lower lobes never refresh...hence....the feeling that you cant get enough air.....overbreathing can throw off the carbon dioxide balance which sends panic signals to the brain.i used to go for a short walk and found i could still breath yet felt better..learn to breath from your tummy slowly and you will hopefully begin to recognise the patterns.

kama24 profile image
kama24 in reply to Jomico

Thank you for the suggestion, I will google it.

Liz

Yes I can relate to this as I have felt like that for the past 18 months due to problems with medication. I do go out but it is a terrible effort and I also feel ill a lot of the time. It is important to try to do a li ttle every day and not stay in bed too much because this increases anxiety and depression. Hopefully the team will make a plan for you which will help. Good luck

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Sudbury

Thankyou lovely I do try and do a little each day and I’m pinning my hopes on the intermediate team x

You may also like...