please help me..i feel like i’m going insane. - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

48,902 members47,948 posts

please help me..i feel like i’m going insane.

kyngg profile image

i don’t really know where to start..i have this constant feeling of panic..i feel like i’m not in my body. or anything’s real sometimes..when i walk i feel delayed..or when i speak it doesn’t feel like it’s me doing it. i feel like i’m behind glass..and i question everything..my head has so much pressure and i get this feeling that i’m constantly spinning. like not things around me, just me. but i’m not. or that i feel like i’m falling.

my heart beats really fast sometimes..and it gets really hard to breathe..sometimes i feel like i can’t move..and i just stare off and it really scares me..

sometimes it feels like my brain is sore. and it really hurts.

and sometimes i feel like i’m high..like nothings spinning and i’m not seeing things. but i feel just really slow and delayed :/

whenever this goes on..i try to hide it but it really scares me.

i’m only 16.

does anyone know what this could be..?

if you do please..i feel like i’m going insane..this is one of my biggest fears..

13 Replies

Try Googling depersonalisation and derealisation. These are both common and symptoms of anxiety. Fear not; they WILL pass.

kyngg profile image
kyngg in reply to Kidneyenq

is it all anxiety..?it’s just hard to believe it is.

Kidneyenq profile image
Kidneyenq in reply to kyngg

Usual advice: get checked out medically. Do it! But yes, anxiety can cause symptoms such as those you describe. The mind and body are intimately linked.

kyngg profile image

it just feels like i’m losing my mind :/it’s mad scary.

Kidneyenq profile image

The symptoms ARE frightening. I know. But they are not necessarily a signal that you are going mad. Lots of us have had similar (depersonalisation etc) and they do moderate. Just hang on in there.

kyngg profile image

thank you.

kyngg profile image

one more thing..i’m sorry..i’ll like start to stare off and think about something like, i don’t know how i’m moving my thumbs. and it feels like i get stuck and i’m scared i’m not gonna be able to move.

Kidneyenq profile image

Sure. The programs for moving parts of the body are burned deep into the unconscious mind. If you start to use your conscious mind to try to perform these functions you are bound to slip up and get confused.

kyngg profile image

do you ever feel like you’re going crazy, but like..you’re conscious is still there and you notice what’s wrong. because that’s what makes me panic.

It’s ok no need to panic

I’ve had that a few times, it’s very scary as it feels like ur in another life!

Just do breathings and try distract urself from thinking about it, it still go away slowly and u will feel urself.

It’s part of anxiety as it’s horrible I hate it but u have to accept it that u have anxiety or it will just go round in circles looking for a reason!

kyngg profile image
kyngg in reply to Davola77

it makes my neck and head really tight. like it’s hard to move, and it’s mad scary. because i keep fading in and out of my mind. like i’m blacking out, but i’m not. and it’s really scaring me.

Davola77 profile image
Davola77 in reply to kyngg

U keep thinking of symptoms around ur body, it’s anxiety that cause it all

Just don’t panic as it make it worse... it will ease off trust me... the more calmer u are the more ur mind calms the anxiety

Best medication is go for a nice walk and look at small specific things, breathing the nice fresh air and u feel much calmer..

also it’s hard while we going thru this pandemic which tops it up!!

Stay safe

I have problems with sanity. Might be PTSD

You may also like...