Virus Anxiety : I’ve been trying to keep my... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support
45,101 members45,946 posts

Virus Anxiety

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3

I’ve been trying to keep my anxiety to a minimum. But keep hearing How people my age are the most vulnerable. So Now I’m wondering when it’s going to get Me?

26 Replies
oldestnewest

Whewwww I tell you that’s what kick started my anxiety don’t let it take over your mind I HAVE BEEN RESTLESS thinking about what if die I had multiple blood test come back normal ekg I have ran my pressure up . I have been thinking about all my dead people because I feel like I’ll be next I have truly ran my brain down to the ground

Don’t make yourself sick

Trying Not to it’s Hard, I live in California, it’s going on 8 am I’m still Awake. Feeling anxious because my daughter and I had an argument yesterday. So g

That didn’t Help?

Don’t stress yourself it’s not worth it it will raise your pressure so high .. let’s live and not let it take control because of coronavirus doesn’t take us out the stress will and we definitely not going to let it be stress. I HOPE YOU FEELING BETTER WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS

The people who are most vulnerable are those with severe respiratory or heart disease etc. especially the elderly. Even then most of them survive and the death rate for them is around 10 pc. This helps put it in perspective a bit. x

Thanks it does, but I’m one of the High Risk ones 😷

Oh dear. You need to be self isolating. I am at risk but not high so am only social distancing. Stay safe and well. x

That’s what I’ve been doing, it’s that my daughter who lives with me who has to leave sometimes When she comes home I get Anxiety worrying if she brought it Home? We do live in a 2 story house, So where not in close physical contact. She does take the precautions needed. But you just Never Know?

Well you can never be 100 % but as long as you take all the usual precautions. x

Iam, But I have Therapy for my knee that I had injured Monday. They take precautions, but still nervous.

Hidden
Hidden

If it makes you feel better I have family members with it that we’re extremely at risk and they’re doing fine. So far out of the 10ish people that have got it we know all pulled through. So the likely good of you being fine is high.

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

Thanks it does, I wish your family Well 🙏

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Want2BHappy3

Thank you. I haven’t gotten the pathology test yet but in early to mid Jan I got sick from visiting a friend and my wife got sick and literally anybody we were in the same room with got sick. It made its way around very aggressively and while the doctor didn’t test me, my friend was tested and it was negative for the flu. Dry cough, fever, everything. It’s still unsettling though but know you’re going to be fine and nothing will or can take us from this world unless God allows it to His perfect plan.

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

I had been reflecting about back in February I was so Ill that I couldn’t get out of bed, I don’t remember the last time I was that I’ll? And also the same month my grandson was taken to the ER with a fever and was given oxygen he had a virus, was Not tested. Now we’re finding out that the virus was already here? So we don’t know if we had it? My symptoms were not like the virus, but reading now that the symptoms are Not always the same.

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

I guess because all you hear about is Bad not really telling you about the ones who Survive? 🙏

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Want2BHappy3

Exactly. Fear sells and it’s literally all the news is talking about. So many pull through and they’re speculating that it’s been here since Dec and many people probably already have had it. With randomized pathogen testing they’re seeing that it’s likely 25x more spread than they thought it was with the death rate makes it about as dangerous as the flu but way more contagious.

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

Your right, it’s hard to hear though, I barely watch the news, the governor of my state gives daily updates. I trust him, he gives some positive and doesn’t give any ridiculous Promises. Letting us know that we will get through it that we need to be Patient. It’s one thing staying cause you want to it’s Another being Told you have to stay home 🙏

Well you don't have to self isolate if you don't want to. You are only advised to coz you are high risk. It's your choice if that's any consolation, as long as you obey the social distancing we all have to when outside. x

ticc1212
ticc1212
in reply to Hidden

I’m so happy to hear that your family members are all safe!

Hiya, I wanna say I’m the biggest worrier in the entire universe!!! My daughter is so in the extremely vulnerable category because she has a tracheotomy in place, I’m scared like you wouldn’t believe!!!

But you’ve probably as much chance crossing a road and getting knocked over and that’s not happened to you!!

To all you know you could of already had the virus.

Please don’t worry

Life’s to precious do worry

There is too much scare mongering and mot even the medical experts know as it’s so new and evil,

Your okay

As long as your following gov advice you should be absolutely fine.

You will be find your strong & brave

You may not think it but I know it

You’ll get through this and when you Do send me a message and tell me as us women love to say “ I told you so”

❤️🌈❤️🌈❤️always about if you ever wanna chat or rant

Much love xx

Thank You Ne, for your Support and kind words. It is much needed. I made a tough decision was ending a 19 year relationship he also has anxiety putting his on me when I’ve already had a plate Full and kept pushing my buttons time and time again I kept asking him to STOP. I’m in therapy and it was suggested that I do this. I keep thinking when this virus is going to get Me? You’re Right about the experts don’t even know about the virus, it’s the unknown that scares Me. Sorry about your daughter, I know about tracheotomy my dad had one. I wish the BEST for you and your family. You made Me feel better. I’m self isolating so it’s very lonely nothing to do but think and as you’re a Worrier like me this escalates things. I know we’ll come out of it hopefully sooner than later? Take care and God Bless, Please write if you want. 🙏

It is lonely and boring!! Two weeks in and 10 to go, look this proves how strong you are leaving a 19 yr relationship that took real strength and it’s in there, you found it then and you’ll find it now!!! We are warriors.

It conflicting advice that worries us my advice is to listen to one source ( in the UK it’s bbc or sky news) as they are legit not like a soggy gossip newspaper that has no idea!! And stick with one source.

Learn a hobby

I’ve become addicted to Solitaire!! Who knee and learning makaton again.

Go on YouTube and start learning sign Language or something really random

Sing

Sing your lungs out!!!

And be happy

Please be happy 😃 xxxx

ticc1212
ticc1212
in reply to Nevic84

A..I’m sure all of us on this chat are worrying but I, like you am taking my governor’s advice-Maryland, and he gives facts & he’s been transparent. I’m ok staying inside & if I have to go out for food, I’m covered & I go early when stores are open and it’s not crowded. Also, most stores have been stocked early.

That’s, my governor is the same. I have plenty of food, but sometimes don’t feel well enough to cook and this week here in California it’s in the 90’s 😅. I Do thankfully have a local senior center that checks on me and let me know there is Free food delivery to my home if I need. I wouldn’t do that because I know there are others that need it more than me. To be on the Safe side I will be taking a virus Test Monday morning, I’ve been coughing a little and some congestion. I do have a history of bronchitis which has the same symptoms. I have a gut feeling I’m ok? But you don’t know for Sure? Thank You for your support, I check in on some senior friends of mine regularly. We have to look after each other, Including my Friends on this Site. 😊🙏💐

You will be fine and excuse my typo, but I corrected. 😊

Thanks, I think as long as we take the Right Precautions well be safe 😷🙏

You may also like...