Anxiety Support
37,936 members40,918 posts

Don’t even care anymore 🙅🏻‍♀️

I’m giving up Always Fighting everyday with my self. Anxiety isn’t going to go away for me. I’ve tried everything. From Meditations,Therapy,Medications,self talk, group therapy etc you name it I’ve been on 5 Different medications and NONE OF THEM HELPED ME OVERCOME ANXIETY!!!!!!! Besides give me horrible Withdrawals 😡 I woke up this morning with my heart POUNDING SO HARD I literally felt it In my throat and it was like if it wanted to stop it wasn’t a normal feeling. Told my family they wanted me to go to the hospital but I can’t! My husband took the only car we freaking have to go to work and Now I’m home thinking I have a heart issue. I’ve had too many palpitations and shoulder pain and upper back pain. Shortness of breath as well.. all signs of Heart attack yes I know... I’m 22 weeks pregnant and I just can’t take it anymore I don’t care anymore I just can’t live like this!!!!!!!!!!

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Don’t give up... positive thinking and u are still young and pregnant!

1 like

I think this will help - when you feel worked up take a deep breath then strain your abdominal muscles like you do when wanna poo. Strain your other body muscles for 8 secs while holding your breath then breathe out through your mouth. Hope this helps :=)

1 like

Thank you it actually helped!

1 like

Coming from someone who has gone to the cardiologist countless times for pretty much every uncomfortable physical symptom including all you've mentioned. I can say that it's likely the obvious culprit ANXIETY.

I know what you're going through. I have my moments when I loose hope and go into a fit of rage. Wanting to 'give up' and as anxiety sufferers we know what that really means. The reality of it is no matter how much you feel like giving up the anxiety won't let you. Because it's there everyday.

That's why we can let it win. I myself refuse to believe this is permanent and feel that there is a solution.

Check this link out that i will provide. Remember anxiety is just a state of mind. Also given that you're pregnant I'd advise you to get yourself and the baby checked. Elevated levels of stress on your body can be harmful.

Remember the key is to not fight the anxiety because it will intensify and feed off of your resistance. You need to let it be/accept it and control your behavior. The more you overreact the more you're feeding these thoughts, emotions and memories into your subconscious mind. Then the cycle repeats.

This is the link. Please check this out when you're able. I've been applying this to my life. It's not easy but it takes extreme practice and commitment. Also look up the study of neuroplasticity (retraining your brain). And meditate.

unlearninganxiety.com

3 likes

Thank you so much I actually get to see my doctor Wednesday for a Check up anyway. So far everything is good with me and baby. But it’s so overwhelming today was my meltdown but I know I can keep fighting! Thank you again for your reassuring words and advice 🙏🏼

1 like

Ok cool. Please check out the link and look up neuroplasticity for anxiety. It'll help you see anxiety in a different way.

1 like

I know I hate sounding this way! But I’m ok still going to fight!!

5 likes

hi there,its indeed frightening for you as not only did you feel helpless when anxiety took over ,but isolated and pregnant,thankfully you have rode the worst of the storm,so try and console yourself by practising feelings of accept(as in DrClaire Weeks bk)REmember,Accept,try not to fight your symptoms.glad you got checked out--its worth it as when we are in a state of Fear our tension increases and so it goes on and on.Take care--hope it helps.!

1 like

I’m not sure if you have know, but being pregnant can intensify your anxiety. Your pregnant and your hormones are going crazy right now.! My hormones trigger my anxiety to be extremely high. Find things do physically do when you feel like that. Go for a walk with a neighbor or a friend. I don’t care how cold it is. If it’s not raining just do it. It helps me so much, and walking with someone else helps take your mind off of the racing heart and thoughts. Good luck

I’m not sure if you have know, but being pregnant can intensify your anxiety. Your pregnant and your hormones are going crazy right now.! My hormones trigger my anxiety to be extremely high. Find things do physically do when you feel like that. Go for a walk with a neighbor or a friend. I don’t care how cold it is. If it’s not raining just do it. It helps me so much, and walking with someone else helps take your mind off of the racing heart and thoughts. Good luck

1 like

Thank you I have to start walking again!

1 like

You will have a New Baby who needs you

1 like

I know that’s why I don’t want to give up but I’m being drained by this! I haven’t had a good sleep in 2 days straight :(

You may also like...