Panic attacks before bed: Hello 👋. I... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

47,318 members47,245 posts

Panic attacks before bed

Alohacg
Alohacg

Hello 👋. I pretty recently have had panic attacks when trying to sleep. I have struggled with anxiety for awhile now and had panic attacks before, but now its at the point that I have one every night before bed. I feel my heart beating realllllly fast and its like a wave of worry every time I close my eyes. I'm worried it could possible be a heart issue. Im just kinda wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it. Would certain sleeping meds help??

2 Replies

Hi Alohacg, I’m in the same position as you!!!! I always wake up around the same time with fear and fast heartbeat and of-course DREADFUL THOUGHTS! I usually try to meditate or listen to a guy on YouTube called The anxiety guy. He is awesome I totally recommend listening to him. He gets me through the day and even helps me sleep with his affirmation videos. Go check him out hope it helps :) xoxo

This must be incredibly frustrating, I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I've had panic attacks and what has helped me through them was forcing myself to take deep breaths and remind myself that I am ok. If it's happening every night before bed maybe look at your bedtime routine and see if there is anything in particular triggering the attack?

You may also like...