Anxiety Support
37,338 members โ€ข 40,508 posts

Scared

My anxiety had resurfaced, I'm supposed to go to a birthday party for a long time friends daughter. I'm trying to convince myself just deal with today. We're now halfway through the year and have not accomplished Nothing. I have to move next year or I'll be in a WORSE financial situation than IAM now. Going to be Very difficult cause It means splitting up my family, even though their adults, still hard. We've been though alot together. Now I have a grandson that will have to move from the only home he's known. She's unable to help me financially and has be too dependent on me. I'm older now I don't want to be responsible for any one anymore which is how I feel living with my kids.

12 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Best thing you can do is get up an go to that birthday party.

1 like

You're right Jim, just right now I'm feeling shaky. Trying to get it together. Thanks

You will be ok, go have the company of other people.

Enjoy yourself.

I will Jim, thanks for your support ๐Ÿ™‚

2 likes

Hi Jimmy, just got back and made the best of my situation, forced myself to eat, smiled, I was criticized for not being more involved cause I didn't want to dance or drink? I tried to explain that I have a bad ankle and don't drink. They didn't seem to care. This didn't help with my anxiety, i desperately wanted to go home.

2 likes

Hey, you went and you did it. I felt the same way when I went to my friends prom with him. I was criticized for not really dancing with everyone in a way. Than at the after prom instead of playing the game I ended up with like 4 people and played D&D (Dungeons and Dragons.) And got criticized for that to cause I was the only girl and I wasn't doing what everyone else is doing... But you did it!! Hope everything make a turn for the better. :)

~Sky

You should have ignored them, I'm same as you at functions, but I just get on and enjoy it the best I can.

1 like

Hi Jim, I did go, but was still criticized for not being more sociable. Then getting home again criticized for not saying I had a good time, which I did the best I could. That didn't help ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Don't let what people say get to you, they don't understand it all.

You went and that's the main thing.

Take it easy.

its good you went . most of us wouldn't have went ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Thanks for writing, I was miserable the whole time I wanted to leave so badly, it wasn't because of the party it's self just my anxiety was getting the best of me๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

1 like

It always be like that . i went out today . it went well .

You may also like...