Anxiety Support
35,635 members39,172 posts

Trying to suck it up

This Saturday is an important day, we're celebrating my youngest daughter's 30th birthday. I'm trying to keep my anxiety under control because there's so much to do. It's Wednesday, I was suppose to go out yesterday and do things, but didn't because the night before I didn't get any sleep. I even took meds to help me sleep. So Tuesday I had headaches n felt nauseous.

I slept better last night, but now I have a stomach ache. Gosh feeling this way and maybe the rest of my life? don't know what to do about it? I'm missing out on so much,

My mom's been home from the hospital for about a month now and I haven't even gone to see her since. It's also something I've been having trouble to deal with my mom, I keep making up excuses why I haven't been there. Anxiety is a LIVING HELL😈

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi PJRR, try not to put a "guilt trip" on yourself. You're caught in the middle of wanting to be there both for your adult child as well as your mother. Both hands are outstretched wanting to be there for them but then anxiety takes hold and you can do neither.

It's a rough time in life when anxiety controls us. The more you struggle in pushing forward, the more symptoms that seem to appear. Breathe....give yourself some relaxation/meditation time. You can't do for others if you can't be there for yourself. Breathe... xx

3 likes

Hey PJRR...Agora1 is right....Its not easy living with anxiety so try not to feel guilty...its not youre fault :) Remember the saying...You cant drink from an empty cup !!! so look after yourself and then do what u feel capable of doing...I didn't take my own advice and I now suffer with chronic fatigue ..some days I can hardly walk for 15mins without exhaustion...Sending Hugs :) x

2 likes

Aspergirl, I'm sorry about the Chronic Fatigue. Sending you "gentle hugs" from a Fibromite xx

Hey Agora1...Thank u...Its tough to deal with..My Dr was telling me Fibro and CFS are the same almost...Sending hugs back :) xx

1 like

Thanks for writing funny you mention chronic fatigue because that's what I have also, on top of anxiety it's a living HELL anything I do physical takes its toll on me I just spent an hour at the DMV sitting on those hard chairs and now I have headaches and my back hurts and I feel nauseated from the pain.

I do try and take care of myself and people for the most part don't believe I have chronic fatigue or anxiety and treat me with frustration. Thanks for caring

Youre welcome :) I know what its like to deal with :) I get a lot of pain too and have to try and help my Autistic son ...sometimes he doesn't understand how bad I feel.....he did have bad anxiety himself for a while but Cbt seemed to help him a lot...but he cant seem to get why I haven't got better only worse....xx

I was hearing something About that on the radio, wasn't sure if you said CBT or CBD? I also heard It's also helpful for people with opioid addiction that it eases the anxiousness of wanting more? I know about autism I have brother with two kids who have it. One of them is very sweet and mild and the boy has violent tendencies sometimes. I try and spend some time with my niece, but my nephew he's six foot two I think, he's a BIG guy. I couldn't handle it if he had a violent episode I'm 63 years old. I feel bad that he can't come to family events because of this I tell my brother he can only come if he comes with him because he can handle him better and knows what triggers things. But my brother has his hands full because his wife suffered from a brain aneurysm a few months ago she is still recovering.

would you be able to get a massage? Physical touch and moving energy with a massage gives your body a release and you can relax.

IF of course, you would go for it.

IF not, could you find a reflexologist? they just do your feet and for days you feel "grounded" and just better.

1 like

I have had my first massage a few years ago it was not a good experience, I couldn't walk for like a week they were really rough on me. I'd be willing to try it again but this time telling them to not be so rough on me. Thanks for writing

select a different massage therapist, this time

Sorry to hear about your brothers wife..thats awful...Yeah CBD I think is a type of Cannabis oil that's being used for quite a few things now....someone told me they use it in Autism to calm the anxiety....it was CBT my son tried lol he was going to a Psychologist for 3 months to try to change his thinking patterns and it helped a lot....it didn't do anything for me...maybe I should try the CBD oil lol....:) I found out I have Autism too..i was diagnosed in 2014 aged 45...I was shocked but it answered a lot for me...I understand that u would feel vunerable around your Nephew if he was aggressive...if the person becomes overwhelmed with sensory issues..lots of people talking...bright lights...loud music etc it can be too much for them to take...its such a shame because they are usually kind and can be really intelligent/creative...my son loves Art and his drawings are amazing...yet no one has taught him..these things usually keep the anxiety lower...anything that they like to do....x

Yeah, he has his hands FULL, it's usually many people, we have a large family, 9 brothers and sisters who have wives n husband's and now grandchildren.

And unfortunately his wife's side of the family refer to his kids as RETARDED. Very SAD 😞. My brother doesn't really allow any time with that side of the family anymore. You think with all the information out there about autism that they wouldn't behave like this but some people live under a rock and ignorance 😞

I mentioned cannabis to my doctors psychiatrist and regular doctor they both kind of blow me off and don't engage in the conversation. I am getting a new family practitioner so let's see what he says about it?

Yeah :) they don't want to know..and yet it has helped a lot of people ...not just Autism but a lot of conditions...the only thing available here in Britain is the CBD oil...we can now buy that in our local health food shop!!! but its a very mild oil that u put under the tongue...and it has a mild calming effect....I hope u have more luck PJRR with the new Dr :) they know it helps but they don't want to admit it....x

Sorry PJRR...Had to go out and pick up my son last night !!!! Yeah that's not going to help matters calling them RETARDED...I know ...unfortunately it still goes on...youre spot on its ignorance....I'm in Scotland and recently there was a big campaign to have Girls/Women on the spectrum recognised because its really difficult for a female to get a diagnosis and I went to the event in my local shopping centre....I don't know how many people in that hour said to me...You don't look Autistic...Are u sure? You sound intelligent etc.....I think a lot of people think if u don't look and act like Rainman then u cant be Autistic lol...I don't blame your brother for not having any time for that side ...their attitude will only make things more difficult and his son will pick up on this ....he needs support and love :) x

I look at people with Autism I just they think differently.. I treat them as anybody else and my brother's in-laws these people are just EVIL during the time my brother was going through this with his wife their sister? trying to make decisions for his wife, these people confronted me and my sisters for which we have never met these people never seen these people trying to make trouble with us we were like "we don't know you"? So we let him have it verbally and told our brother about what happened, he told them off to leave us alone so as Revenge they called CPS on my brother and found nothing Wrong!!! Unfortunately this traumatized my nieces and nephew.

It seems like they have it in for my brother and his wife their sister? Because their kids are adults they get Social Security disability they said they were going to start looking into what was he doing with their money? My GOD they have to have a place to live and eat!!! So now my brother is afraid to say anything to them for fear that they're going to keep calling CPS and from what I understand this wasn't the first time. There should be a law against people who keep making false accusations because they're taking away resources from the people who really need the services of CPS.

Hey...At least youre Nephew/Niece has you...you are a good decent person :) Sounds like a really difficult situation ...I cant believe how some members of a family seem to want to cause as much trouble for others as possible...I have this too...I keep away from one of my brothers as much as possible...he is pure evil to me....It sounds like your brothers wife has a family who like to manipulate...sympathise totally...your poor brother has enough to deal with in life without them adding to it....the trauma it has caused...especially to your Nephew could cause Ptsd for him....I have Ptsd due to the abuse in my childhood from my older brothers...being Autistic I couldn't process what was happening to me which later on resulted in severe panic attacks and terrified of people....couldn't trust them at all...x

It's awesome that you having autism and are able to function as a normal person and raise kids.

Thank u...:) Been very difficult...Everything kind of happened when I was really young and I had no idea I was Autistic...just socially very shy and anxious...a lot of people with Aspergers in particular have to mimic a lot....so I would sit and watch a group of people and see how they interacted with each other...but unfortunately....my autism made me very naïve almost child like and I thought everyone was nice ...but that lead to me meeting an abusive guy who probably picked up I was naïve and he was so controlling...it has certainly affected my health badly....but I guess it also has taught me that there are nasty people also and to be really careful with a relationship....xx

My sister and I do what we can for my brother first started going through all this, we would come and help cook and watch his kids for him while he was at the hospital with his wife. But unfortunately because of his in-laws we had to stop going over there because they wanted to just start trouble with us too. And that was going to get ugly really fast. And we didn't want to cause any more problems for my brother and his family. I guess every family has their relatives that are pains in the ass.

You may also like...