Anxiety Support
35,098 members38,857 posts

No Support

I just realized that my sister whom I've always been there for when things where really Bad for her, can't be supportive of Me??? Not that I feel she owes me, thought She would come with me to a doctors appointment to get test results. Not cancer or anything like that. But still wanted her there. She suddenly has a doctors appointment same day n around the same time? Very suspicious to me? She said she would TRY to reschedule it? I told her to go to her appointment. I right away knew what she was trying to get out of it. I made the mistake of expressing my anxeity issues with her. So i think that's why?

You'd think I was wanting to borrow money??? What can I do? I'm hurt though. I feel alone, don't want to ask my kids, don't want to worry them.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Talk to her about your concerns. Be honest and say how you feel, but understand a lot of people aren’t capable of supporting us the way we want them to. It’s not their fault though. They honestly dont know how. That’s something I had to learn for myself. Focusing on being hurt or angry of or by their actions only makes your situation worse.

1 like

I'm human, I'm hurt. I didn't tell her that. I just let it Go. I know it would t do any good. I just wanted her to be at the appointment.

I feel the same way right now. My sister always has issues! Somehow her problem always overshadows mine. It is so forced when I try to relate my anxiety to her. She brushes me off with a quick and easy solution like for example I am freaking out about a physical symptom I'm having and I'll tell her, she will simply say "well, all you can do is go to the dr."And then it's right back to what ever boyfriend problem she was complaining about. .sometimes I feel really sorry for myself, I know that sounds pathetic but I hang up the phone feeling really sad and lonely. I think some people are just so self absorbed that they just don't know how to be empathetic.

1 like

yea, she had always been like that. Thought she'd change?

She's always writing about God this and God that? Giving time to the church. I guess yoiu know when things get bad whose got your back...NO ONE

You may also like...