Anxiety Support
38,631 members41,386 posts

Cymbalta

Hi All. My medication with cipralex is not working.

My doctor is thinking of putting me on cymbalta.

I have read terrible things about it, and am seeing her tomorrow.

Any good feed back on that anti depressant?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

if u dont minde me askin how long was you on them and wat dose

The cipralex I have been on for about 11 years and at 15mgs.

i don’t understand with antidepressants u take them so long and they stopped workin not nice 😞 i wish there was a cure ... i was just put on citalopram about 18 days in i still see no benefits from it , first time ever i dont know i give them 4 weeks if they dont work i m gone stop it ,, sorry can help you much but i hope u find the right one for u , hope gose well

hugs, yes wait for about 4 weeks, they say anti depressants can take 4 to 6 weeks to work. I will Pray for you. and thank you.

1 like

i will pray for you 2 thank you 🙏

I've been taking generic Cymbalta (Duloxetine) at 60 mg daily for about 10 years, and I have had no negative side effects. There are probably "horror stories" out there for every anti-depressant because everyone is different and can potentially react differently to the drug. I personally developed extreme agitation (akathisia) when I was started on Prozac many years ago, and I just couldn't take it, so I was switched to something else that worked beautifully. Yet I have read and heard of many people who took Prozac and thought it was great.

All I can say is be mindful of any symptoms that are causing you distress when starting any new drug, and if they occur, call your doc right away for advice.

I hope it works out for you.

jkl5500

1 like

thank you

Everything has side effects...even things that are natural can't be taken with certain foods. I get my blood checke every several months. Ask a lot of questions. Weight the good with the bad ? Good luck

You may also like...