Anxiety Support
33,950 members38,112 posts

Afraid To Deal with LIFE

I've been staying inside not wanting to deal with things...procrastinating on important things.

Lying to family members about why I can't do things. My mom is sick in the hospital I've seen her twice.

Don't want to tell the truth about why I can't go. I told my sister, at first I thought she was understanding it??? Then she said "I think your over thinking things" she's right about that, but it's about the anxeity. And seeing my mom adds to my anxeity waiting for that phone call. The unknown, sometimes seems too much to bare??? I took something to help me sleep....it's not working.

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I know what you mean. I've found that if I tell myself, "You will feel better if you just get out for awhile" it does help me. Isn't it easy to get stuck and end up doing nothing? Hope you can push through.

I try to get out...I went to my boyfriends dads birthday party under pressure. I warned him it wouldn't be a good idea??

I went anyway and as I thought, I had a meltdown. It was obvious to his family that I wasn't feeling good. We know we can't give up because it would be giving up on our kids and for me my grandson who's 3.

I've not been able to deal with things. I was suppose to have blood test done for my diabetes. I just ate, I was suppose to fast for the test. So now I can't go, I believe I sabotaged myself and talk myself out of doing things.

Feel like I can't deal with others things. I have a sick mom whose in the hospital that I haven't seen in a couple of weeks. Hard to see that. Iam trying

At least you're trying. I've had to tell my kids that I'm not able to do certain things and they finally understand that I can't help it and have granted me a lot of grace

How long have you been struggling?

Thanks for your support, it really kicked in about 4 years ago when my daughter got pregnant. She was 30 but has struggled financially and now a child??? I knew that was going to fall on my shoulders. May sound selfish but I thought when I'm I going to live my Life??? I'm 63 and retired. I love my grandson to Death. I'm worried for his and her future??? She's a good mom, but makes Bad choices.

I will not be around for who knows how long??? Feel guilty for not giving her the tools to survive in life??? Hopefully because of her son, she'll dig deep and do it for him???

Oh Lord! I really feel you now.

I went through that same thing but let me tell you; I prayed and prayed and prayed for my daughter who sounds like your daughters twin. She met a wonderful man had 2 more children and is finishing her masters degree in May.

God is good. And I didn't step in. I didn't become her baby sitter or give her money. I bought her gifts and such but I never stepped in to fix the things she messed up. I swore I would never do that and none of my kids have ever taken advantage of me. They know where I stand. They may have gotten mad at me a few times but that has been over for a long time now.

I have one boy that is having issues right now but God has been so very faithful to me that I don't even worry anymore. I just pray.

I'm sure you raised her right. She will figure it out. I made plenty of stupid mistakes with my kids.

1 like

Thank you for your support, glad to hear that your daughter has made a great turn around.

My daughters trying, problem is her sons dad won't let her move on. He's been known to stalk her.

She's afraid to date because his behavior is threatening, she doesn't want anyone getting hurt in the process.

She's broken up with him, but he won't leave her alone. I think he also doesn't want another man being involved with their son. I stay out of her business with One eye open in case it gets dangerous ? He's very jealous and possessive.

He hasent done anything to call the police about, let's call it borderline behavior?

I pray on a regular basis for her situation to change and for him to move on? But this has been going on for about 3 years. He's good to his son, pays his child support and then some. I'll keep praying🙏🏼

Have you looked into a restraining order for harassment? It sounds as if that's what she needs. Maybe contact a domestic violence counselor to help her through this. Some people just don't get it you know. 3 years is a long time to put up with that kind of nonsense. She has to know that she has some power and that just because they have a son together doesn't mean he gets to do that. She has to empower herself and stop conversing with him unless its about his son. If he doesn't stop she needs to take legal action. The courts are very intolerant of abuse like that. Tell her to save all of her texts and any evidence of the harassment and just get it done. She can take the upper hand in this.

Yes it's very hard situation for you. But please go and see your mum.

I will probably this coming Sunday?

I know what you are going through, I find it hard to get out and do things as well. Sometimes I try and it’s fine and others times I try and it’s not so I just decide to go back home. Remember that you can always leave a situation, you can try and go and stay for a little bit if you can and see how it goes. All you can do is try, don’t beat yourself up about it, I did that for many years and it’s not your fault you have anxiety. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your support, everything helps. I'm the one who has too do the work.

I have a bankruptcy hearing hanging over my head. I know i had to do it, but j feel so defeated over the fact that I put myself in this situation.

Hopefully After this dark cloud moves I can move on? It's late in life for me to be making these kinds of stupid mistakes.

What’s done is done. Just learn from it and move on and let it go. That’s what I try to do, you made some mistakes but you cannot keep beating yourself up for it.

Your right, Iam a work in progress. Having anxeity is exhausting. I don't know when's the last time I've felt HAPPINESS???

Which I desperately want, life is short I'm missing out on a lot of life. Thanks for taking the time to write

1 like

You may also like...