Anxiety Support
35,104 members38,866 posts

Anxious last three days

I’ve been anxious for no reason the last 3 days, all day on and off, even in the middle of the night. It’s driving me crazy.

I have no idea what is going on, I can’t relax.

It’s making me feeling like I’m going to actually have to go on medication when I really didn’t want to in the first place.

I’ve had anxiety for years but this has never happened.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I did not want to be on meds because I was in recovery. But when I found out antidepressants don't get you high, they just mellow out the emotional roller coaster, my life was so much improved. I calmed down a lot, and have less time staying in the dumps.

Yeah I just don’t want to be on them and then have to go through slowly getting off of them when the time comes. I have Ativan for panic attacks. I usually have my anxiety under control and it’s in the back of my mind. But the last few days have come out of nowhere and really difficult to deal with.

1 like

Me too! I have Ativan for the occasional attack if I need it. I’ve had the same bottle of 30 for 6 months+. But today I’ve completely lost my mind. I actually had to leave work. I felt dizzy and my heart was racing. I came home and took an Ativan and am listening to my anxiety hypnosis on my phone, but it’s not working. I just want to snap out of it!

I’ve had the same bottle of 20 for 6 months now too! But sometimes had to take more than 1 because my dose is so low 0.5mg

Now I have to go back and ask for more, maybe up a dose too.

I know exactly how you’re feeling. It’s a horrible feeling. I hate having to wait it out. Hang in there!

Thanks Ashley! I am on the same low dose as well.

I know you will start to feel better soon. Try positive affirmations in the morning. Just a few things you say to yourself that are 100% positive to get your mind in the right direction.

1 like

I will try that

Thank you 😊

Hi it must be anxiety week? As I'm having issues to this week urgent need to rush to the loo belly rumbling,and feeling on edge.I to have medication diazepam 2 mg to take when anxiety hits.but I only take when I really have to.having said that sometimes I think we need to take them for a few days to calm our nervous system down to normal levels,and we should feel bad having to take them.after all that's why we were perscrided them.hope you are feeling better soon.

1 like

That should read we shouldn't feel bad about taking our medication.

2 likes

You may also like...