Anxiety Support
35,750 members39,259 posts

First time here

I have been dealing with anxiety for a few years now but after having my second child I feel as if it’s taken over my life.

I’ve read a few posts here and there and they have made me feel better. I feel like some weight has been lifted off my shoulders, as I don’t have people in my life who understand what I go through.

Its nice to know I’m not alone. I don’t feel as crazy as I think I am sometimes... my mind consumes me and it’s a terrifying thing to go through alone

14 Replies
oldestnewest

You will find a lot of wisdom about anxiety on these pages, Agarr. You don't have to feel the way you do for the rest of your life, there are many self help methods (such as Claire Weekes' Acceptance method) that can set you on the road to recovery. Please let us know how you get on, you are most welcome here.

1 like

Thank you

You are totally not alone. I can sympathize. My anxiety really amplified after each one of my babies. Feel free to message me anytime!

1 like

Thanks so much for replying! I had my second baby last September and I feel as if right after she was born my anxiety heightened in ways I didn’t even think possible. It’s nice to finally connect with others who are going through the same problems especially another mother!

1 like

Oh I know what you mean. After my third I started experiencing new anxiety symptoms that I hadn’t dealt with before. There were days when it was all I could do to make it through. I prayed for bedtime because it was the only time I felt “normal”.

I have been feeling the same exact way lately, just waiting for the day to end just to sleep. But still wake up feeling the exact same as I did yesterday.

Although there are some days where I feel “normal” again and don’t want the day to end because I know tomorrow won’t be the same.

I’m so tired of the over thinking and over worrying constantly every day and the effects it has on my body

It is such an exhausting feeling

Do you get to take much time for yourself?

Every once in a while but not as often as id like

It’s really hard, and can feel impossible...but once I forced myself it really helped. Even if you could take a bath uninterrupted a couple nights a week you’ll notice a difference.

I've found that walks really help sometimes, just getting some fresh air. Also, for me cleaning really calms me down it really takes my mind off of things.

What are some things that help you?

1 like

Yes fresh air helps a lot! Cleaning is good! A good distraction that you get real results with. 😀 I have found many things to help, depends on what exactly I have going on. Lol. Most often having someone that I can talk with that really listens. Sometimes all I need to hear is that I’m ok and not crazy. 😉 Journaling. Meditating. Walking. Getting out of the house. Sometimes just wandering around a store or visiting a friend helps. Planning. I decorate my planner with stickers and other fun stuff, it’s not only relaxing but having my week planned out makes me feel better.

1 like

I should definitely get a planner! Lol I meal plan and have a calendar but I think that having an actual planner would be a good hobby and relaxing. I’ve seen some of those planners that come with all sorts of stickers and etc. Being organized definitely makes me feel better! And yes having someone tell me I’m not crazy is always a reliever 😄

1 like

I’m fully supportive of you getting a planner. lol. Something about putting it all together is so satisfying. Lol

Mine got worse after my 3rd child now I'm on my fourth.. what symptoms do you have?

You may also like...