Anxiety Support
35,682 members39,202 posts

Open to any and all suggestions

Hey all! I’m new to this site and have already found comfort in reading the many responses from others who feel just like I do! I have felt all alone for quite some time now. I am 32, and have suffered with anxiety most my life. It has gotten worse after having my babies. Like most I have good days and bad days. Anyway on to my question. I have been trying to identify when I am able some of my triggers. I have noticed that when I am getting ready for the day, I get anxious as silly as that may sound. I hop in the shower feeling ok and then my subconscious gets the best of me and the next thing I know I am feeling dizzy and all out of sorts. So my question is any ideas how to better work through a known trigger? I have tried distracting myself, listening to music, talking to myself, making myself stick it out, giving in and getting out and not getting dressed for awhile. Oh and I’ve also tried repeating a mantra/affirmation over and over while I’m feeling that way. Which helped a little. I don’t know exactly why I get upset getting ready, other than I know that I always feel like I have to be in a big hurry.

Thank you so much for reading my lengthy post. I really appreciate it. I hope that today finds you in a positive relaxed state full of strength. Remember you are capable of great things!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello

I have experienced these symptoms .I was at my worse over a year ago !

It is common for anxiety to feel at it worse first thing in the morning .

Like you , I use to struggle to shower and get dressed ( persevered and did it each day )

Felt anxiety in the shower , like you also .

I felt better when I was dressed and ready for the day , I still feel at my best now once dressed .

Experienced giddiness on and off for months .

I learn to except the feelings of anxiety and not fight or run away from it .

The more you recognise anxiety and don't fear it , the easier it will become and anxiety will slowly not bother you .

If you feel down , frightened or can't cope please send me a message if you have that lonely feeling , I know how horrid it can be .

Plus this site is full of kind , caring people that also have anxiety of different levels that can help you xxxxx

2 likes

Thank you so much for your very sweet response! It came right at the best time too! I do know that I need to try a lot harder to not be afraid of anxiety. Some days it easier for me to roll with the flow. Other days it sucks me in and it feels like it’s all I can do to make it through the day.

I know exactly what you mean because I've been there .

Don't beat yourself up either !

Hopefully you will learn to live with the uncomfortable anxiety feelings , you will continue to have good and bad days .

The bad days will become less when you stop fearing anxiety .

Remember we create the fear ourselves !

I've had setbacks and even now I feel it's presents on occasions !

Remember to recognise anxiety , feel it's presents , don't fear it and carry on with your day .xxxx

1 like

I agree with what’s been said about not letting the anxious feeling scare you or worry you more ... it really helps to accept how your body is feeling. Mindfulness is really good for being in the moment and paying attention to how your body and mind is feeling but also calming and relaxing everything at the same time. Might be worth a try?

Just know you’re not the only one feeling this way and they are ways to help yourself!

I see my anxiety as the same as if someone gets persistent stomach aches - they might make a change in their diet to help the way their stomach behaves.

We just need to make a change in our thinking to help the way our minds behave. Then we can start to change how we respond to the feeling we get :)

1 like

Thank you so much for your reply. 😀 I think my problem is overthinking most of the time. Lol. I do need to be more present and am going to really try being ok with how my body feels.

1 like

Over thinking is another common issues with anxiety sufferers ..

I use to be constantly over thinking .

Mindfulness /CBT is a great help xx

2 likes

Read hope and help for your nerves by Claire weekes. Listen to her on YouTube. She is the anxiety expert.

1 like

Krn210, hello , I am 35 and have three kids. I have always had anxiety all through my life but I could be logical and get passed it . 6months ago I got in to a horrible car accident and I am all messed up. I haven’t worked , panic attacks are the worst , anxiety through the roof, and depressive moods from all that. Symptoms are dizziness, palps, chest pain, insomnia, feeling of Gonna die, can’t breath, high blood pressure tremors and shakiness and so much more. The me before 6months ago could be logical the me know omg forget it. I am gonna take zoloft 25mg to see if it is gonna help the symptoms brocade I miss me and my family does to. It is affecting my life horribley. I see a clinical psychologist every Friday but not much is come from that sometimes it makes me more anxious to talk about it again. I am so scared of all this, and my crying spells are the worst they last for days and when I get my monthly woman hood the symptoms get ten times worse. I honestly sometimes feel like I was someone else because it’s so bad.. I’m gonna start zoloft on Saturday because I want to try to enjoy thanksgiving with my kids .. please personal message me if you ever want to talk. I’m always up till the 4am because me anxiety .

Hey there Crystal81! First off hugs!! I have been there too many many times. Last night I was actually able to get some sleep, I’m still in shock. Lol. I think that you are doing a great job! Don’t be so hard on yourself, you’re still the same person just times and circumstances have changed not you. I’m here too if you ever need to talk. Thank you so much for your reply. I hope that today takes it easier on you.

I have very similar anxiety symptoms whenever I have to get ready to go out in the world, anytime, day or night. As far as I'm concerned it's other people. I can be having a great day, I work in a health and social care environment or at public events, often in a voluntary capacity so I'm usually listening to other peoples health concerns and trying to help. I enjoy my work and people are always appreciative and respectful. But outside of work, on a bus or train, in a shop or supermarket, on the high-street, I'll usually come across someone somewhere who is ignorant, rude or aggressive. There's so many times my good days are overshadowed by these pointless little incidents, and it's getting worse out there. So I've developed a distaste for going out. It's not my problem it's society's problem but how I deal with the anxiety the outside world causes me is something that I have to overcome. That's my take on it anyway, hope this is useful and best of luck using the site, I've found it very helpful and informative.

1 like

I agree. I have found that being around other personalities makes it difficult. I have been trying to work on not taking things personally. Taking everything personally has been a downfall of mine for a long while. I’m sure my passive aggressive family members had nothing to do with that. 😉

1 like

You may also like...