Anxiety Support
33,857 members38,090 posts

Support groups

Just wondered what people’s views and experiences were with support groups for anxiety related issues? I mean like minded people with a common goal of feeling a bit more understood and reassured by one another.

I have been having a bit of a look locally to where I live for my anxiety and also because I am a bit lonely at times ( self inflicted ). There doesn’t seem to be anything obvious in my area

4 Replies
oldestnewest

This forum IS "a support group for anxiety related issues." It draws on the experiences and help of people throughout the whole English-speaking world not just some local area. We get to know one another but we remain anonymous for safety reasons: people experiencing anxiety disorder are vulnerable and can sometimes be taken advantage of in unsupervised face-to-face gatherings. This is a fact.

3 likes

Hey Matt, I can tell you years back I was in an anxiety group with about 8 people and I always felt a lot better after the group. I was there about 1 1/2 years until the group dissolved. It was run by a social worker that really understood anxiety. Learned a lot of good techniques and could talk with people that understood what was going on, and in turn could understand them. All in all success. All the Best, dude

1 like

ActionChaz, I too over the years have been in several support groups and they unfortunately tend to dissolve after a while. People not showing up or lose interest. The one thing about this forum is that you will always find someone on no matter what time of the day or night, 365 days a year. It's a nice comfort zone.

Hope you are doing well.

4 likes

Thanks agora. Yes I really have found a lot of comfort and great people here. Very comforting to know the group is always going, so to speak. And honestly you are an angel. You devote so much of ur time helping others. I hope u are doing well. :)

4 likes

You may also like...