Heavy head rush. Anxiety?

Trigger warning.

Does anyone here have anxiety attacks or panic where suddenly you have a heavy rush to the head and your head feels heavy and then you feel all warm in the face and feel you're about to pass our? Which then of course triggers more panic.

Lately I've had high anxiety daily and random panic attacks like I describe above. They come on if I talk about anything medical, particularly blood if I see it or discuss it, or they can happen out of the blue for no reason. It's so unlike me and I panic each time that I am going to faint. I was even laughing hard last week and that caused the same spasm of heavy head rush and heat to my face and I panicked I'd faint. I've such a phobia of fainting since this all began because I can't accept it's anxiety. I keep panicking do I have a blood phobia and will I pass out or is it something else going on. Hubby says it's anxiety as I've had it in the past and I'm just very sensitised at the moment so my mind keeps causing new fears and worries. I've never had such physical anxiety but now spend my days feeling constant general anxiety and some days these weird heavy warm rushes to my head and I panic I'm about to pass out. It's so scary. I literally cry every time they happen. They pass within a minute or so but my heart races and I shake like mad for a while after.

Can anyone relate to the faint head rushes?

Thank you

Libby

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I do get those symptoms of a heavy head or even like my brain is moving around. And ive had times too where id get a warm sensation for me its like as if im being short of breath and my face feels warm. Its difficult to explain. But i know what you are feeling. I wasnt sure however if that would be an actual anxiety attack or it was just anxiety symptoms. And yes i would sit through the feeling of a heavy head until it goes away.

• Thank you.

It hits me like a rush to my head and it feels so heavy and I panic at any second I will pass out. It's awful. I can bring it on just thinking about something horrible or it hits randomly. It's very annoying.

Thank you for replying x

• Hi Libby! I can really relate to your post what you have described is what I've been experiencing a lot of lately! What I can only describe as almost a sort of electrical impulse sensation in my head / head rush randomly which then makes me panic! You're definitely not alone, hope you're ok x

• Alice7x I have gotten the "head rush" multiple times and it is the scariest thing. The last thing I want is loss of control. I seem to get it when on the computer. Starring in deep concentration as well as the brightness of computer or scrolling can cause this sensation. I close my eyes, hang onto the desk and it passes as quickly as it came.

Rather than panic, when it's over, I breathe a little more deeply, have some water and go on with what I was doing. I no longer allow it to win. Not quite sure if it has to do with the over sensitized nerves or a breathing thing such as holding my breath or shallow breathing w/o realizing it. The answer is to never allow fear to take over. x

• Good advice x

• Isn't it scary. It hits me like a rush to my head and it feels so heavy and I panic at any second I will pass out because I feel I will with how forceful the rush has been it leaves my head feeling all faint and woozy. It's awful. I can bring it on just thinking about something horrible or it hits randomly. It's very annoying.

Thank you for replying x

• How old are you I started with similar symptoms as you describe in my mid forties I kept feeling panicky disorganised forgetful hot dizzy and wooshy That’s my word ...wooshy like a big nasty woosh was rushing out of my lungs up into my head It was sickening ...very unpleasant

Anyway my Gp very politely said I was premenopausal and he was right I progressed through erratic periods and hot flushes over the next few years horrible but over with now and it is good to be done with periods etc

• Thank you.

I am 38. I take the pill for very heavy periods. I have an underactive thyroid so do have hormonal issues.

You may also like...