Saw my Psychiatrist today

Well let me start off by saying that I literally had to beg this woman to give me some medicine to try. She didn't want to give me anything because she said if I didn't tolerate Zoloft then I'm probably not going to tolerate any other. Which makes no sense since she did a Genesight test on me that list medicine that might work for me and Zoloft was in the proceed with caution column. Long story short, she didn't tell me anything new. " those are dissociative episodes due to anxiety" she also says I'm functioning better now not because the anxiety is better but because my coping is better. So I told her to look into my test results and tell me what medicine I can try from the column of medications that might work for me. We went over it and she finally ask me if I wanted to try Viibryd. I don't know what the hell that is but she said it's similar to Zoloft and to try it if I want too. She said I seem to be doing well with no medications. I swear I'm just tired of people telling me this. I guess I need to walk in her office with hair messed up and dirty clothes so she can finally see how I am mentally crumbling. So here I am. Still in dream land, walking around like a zombie, always panicked, having these out of body dissociative episodes and so on. Feels like I'm going to be stuck like this forever. And what in the world is Viibryd? Anyone taken this before?

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HopingCat, I've heard of it. I believe it's a newer SSRI...Since Zoloft has been around for so long, maybe this will work for you.

You cracked me up when you said you are tired of being told that you seem to be doing well w/ no meds. I think you are right in a way. Like you I always fix up, have a smile on my face and the doctors don't see beyond that. I don't have the guts to dress down but maybe that would get their attention :)

One day you will look back at this as a memory and not a continuing epilogue of your life. x

• Lol! Seriously I just don't know what else to do. I don't like these "dissociative episodes" they are hell. Makes me feel like paranormal activity/twilight zone/ matrix... it's horrific

• HopingCat , I can't even imagine what that is like for you. I've heard of dissociative episodes but never really knew what it meant. It does sound horrific. I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you find some answers for it. x

• So I don't really have any real advice. I just wanted to say that I think it is awsome that you are able to present yourself so well that even your psychiatrist thinks you are managing well. Considering the mental torture I think it takes a really strong person to get up everyday and 'try' to move past it. I would give yourself more credit.. Maybe with a little more brain power you could do it without meds. . also I think you might wanna get a new psychiatrist.. If they are not able to listen and understand you, move on..

• Thank You! I do it for my kids. I won't let this ruin their childhood even if I have to drag myself to places and fake sanity. And you are right... I do need a new one

• yes, please find a new psychiatrist! that one doesn't understand your needs!

• Hi that's terrible for a psychiatrist to be that insensitive. it's bad enough when laypeople tell me I seem fine- like some friends who know I'm on disability for anxiety/depression but they don't get it, or worse some judge me, bc they say i seem "highly functional" to them. But it's easy to put on a mask, and a psychiatrist of all people should know this . Thank God I have a psychiatrist who is compassionate, though he never told me about this Genesight test. i will ask him about it so i'm glad you informed us of such a thing. Meanwhile i pray you find a better dr. !

You may also like...