Was having an ok day

Was having an ok day until I felt that weird scary hot flush or whatever it is that sends me into straight panic and makes me feel like everything is fake. I know it has to be part of this depersonalization/derealization.It must be some type of adrenaline rush because makes me feel like I want to run and like I am detached from my body and looking over from up top at myself. I don't know why I'm still in this hell but I pray it stops. And if anyone has a better explanation for this please share. Maybe it will give me some type of peace of mind. It feel like a vibrating rush of warmness and straight fear. I calmed myself down but I was going into straight tunnel vision. This just sucks.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I honestly think I have a similar feeling as well but do you feel like your body feel strange to like very light or something ? Like faint as well and and almost along with that rush she described you get like a déjà vu type feeling or something . My head also feels heavy. Idk but it's awful.

• After I try to calm myself down I feel sick. On edge, panicked, my stomach feels funny and my head feels tense. What sucks is that is can keep happening all day. And I feel like crawling into a ball and crying all day.

• I get that exact feeling, it happens mostly when I'm about to go to sleep. I feel like I can never fully relax because I'm always so scared it's going to happen. I've even woken up in the middle of the night maybe times with that feeling. I just try to breathe and tell myself it will pass. But it still scares me so much. I pray it will stop too.

We can get through this.

• This is part of this depersonalization/derealization hell and it sucks.

• If you find any solution for this please let me know. This is honestly ruining my life, I do not feel like myself anymore. My doctor suggested to go on medication and I said right now I didn't want to, but every time that feeling comes back I think that I should.

• This is ruining my life too. I have been stuck like this for 4 months. I am mentally exhastated. I am on Amitrypiline that's helping with sleep because when this started I didn't sleep for 9 weeks. It's horrific and I want my life back. What does your doctor says it is? I'm sick on mine saying that depersonalization/derealization is a phenomenal from anxiety. This sucks! I am going to see a holistic doctor this month and hoping she helps me.... because there's obviously an imbalance on this brain. I will for sure let you and everyone know her recommendations.

• I know how you feel it will almost be exactly 4 months for me as well. And all these days just feel like a dream and I'm just praying that I make it to the next day. Such a weird feeling. My doctor is convinced there is nothing seriously wrong with me. I have had no test done though, I might be going to see a different doctor this week because I need more answers I can't stop thinking it's more than just anxiety. My doctor just suggested I go on medication or I go to see a psychiatrist.

But yes please do keep me updated

• Hi I am new to all this. 4 weeks ago I started to feel hot rushes. Involentry movements and night sweats that leaves me exhausted.

I have no history of anxiety. So naturally I thought I was dying. I have been hospitalised for 5 days and had CT,Mri and extensive bloods taken. All tests clear. The flushes feel like an adrenaline dump. I can't stop moving until I am completely shattered. When this happens I collapse into a self pittied induced coma state.

I am making small progress by taking back the control of adrenaline release.

I generally wake up at 5am after crazy dreams (also a newly acquired symptom)

Instead of trying to make any sense of my dreams or new found crazy head and body. I eat breakfast and cycle as far and fast as I can. This seems to release endorphins and adrenaline naturally to completion.When I get home I am shattered but for good reason.

For the rest of the day my body and mind seems to behave itself. I do have the odd blip but It seems more manageable.

Hope this helps. Good luck for the future. You are not alone.

• Thank You!

• Oh, Magnolia, sorry to hear about your day...but do you know how much better you still sound now when this happens? Know it is not much comfort, but I felt you needed to hear that.

Really hope the evening is better. Does your son still sing for you? I know that always made you smile....and you need a song now I think from him. :)

• Lol that one is always singing. I have 3. One came earlier to ask if he could "hug with me" meaning he wanted to cuddle and I'm all for cuddles 😍 Now I am in bed obsessing about a red patch I found on my breast. Thank god i have an appointment tomorrow. I just can't seem to catch a break lastly. 4 months of hell. When is not on thing is another.

• Now you know good and well, "cuddles" didn't cause that red blotch, and you've already been to the doctors' by now. Just wait to you get a little older and EVERYTHING is maintenance, maintenance, maintenance......lol :)

You may also like...