Her we go again... depersonalization/derealization

I been doing ok at blocking the fake feeling thoughts but right now I feel like I am in anxiety attack mode which sends that Depersonalization/ Derealization through the roof. I'm really scared right now. I don't know why my brain does this to me. I just want to get better. My body is in full panic mode. I'm starting to feel like I want to run, vomit and, use the bathroom. So disturbing. I'm trying to find anything to entertain myself but it's hard when you are dealing with this damn Dp/dr

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HopingCat, I'm sorry you are experiencing this right now. There is something called "grounding" which I am not that familiar with but will help bring you out of that Dp/Dr feeling. My therapist used it with me a couple times which helped a lot. Maybe someone else on the Forum can explain how it works. Meanwhile dear, start deep breathing slowly with long expirations while saying calm....

• You know what, you'll have dp for as long as you have it. It won't really matter because it won't bother you that much. You may not like it but you won't let it destroy you. Your body was in full panic but it's starting to relax again. You may feel like you want to run and throw up but you won't because your starting to feel better. You can deal with the dp no matter how bad it gets not that it gets that bad these day's because your starting to feel much better by the day

This is how you have to think !!

• You are right. I have been able to ignore that stupid fake feeling but when anxiety attacks hit I go back to square one. It sucks

• You have been ignoring the dp quiet well because it's easing alot these day's. When you have a bit of a bad day and you have a slight set back, nothing major. You can handle it easily and get back to being fine in a short time.

You may also like...