Time of the month😕

Hello ladies

Has anyone experience panic attacks around the time of the month?

For the last couple of months I've noticed that i get a panic attack while on my period

I feel a rush sort of like a hot flash and then bang!💥 I get a headache and i start to feel nauseous with a little chest pain.. it feels like if im about to faint

I dont know if its an actual panic attack or something else

Ty!

UPDATE

Ive found an article that may help explain how hormones may effect anxiety

everydayhealth.com/anxiety/...

Hope it helps.. 😊

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes! The week of my period sucks with anxiety. I always feel on edge that week. You're definitely not alone and there's most certainly a hormonal aspect to it.

• Thank you for replying! 😊

• Yes, I do. I am on birth control and don't take the placebo week. When I'm done with the active pills in one pack, I move on to the active pills in the next pack- no "time of the month". I do this because of the increased anxiety and mood swings with my PMS. It helps tremendously.

• I do get extremely anxious and tearful about a lit of things. Before my partner passed he would say I think you are expecting your period.

• Yes I'm more on edge and anxious around this time - crazy hormones!! More emotional and likely to overthink etc. I try and give myself a break and let myself be a bit emotional etc all about acceptance x

• My ex-boyfriend knew before I did that my cycle would start soon. He would give me the hint by putting a half gallon of cookie dough ice cream in the freezer and baking a pan of brownies for me...LOL...... Now in peri-menepause times it by 50, I am a basket case and can't take HRT. However you do realize why and know it will get better in 5-7 days.

• Definitely experiencing this today - does anyone have advice on how to deal with this? Feel absolutely hopeless, have been crying on and off all morning, head full of intrusive thoughts, wondering how on earth I will manage being back at work next week, and just feeling miserable.

• Hi ive found an article that may help explain how hormones may effect anxiety

Hope it helps.. 😊

• Yep. I just noticed that before my period (1 day before or so) I get worse anxiety

• Same thing happens to my granddaughter. I have been leeping track anyone with advice on that it would be helpful.

• Hi Ive found an article that may help explain how hormones may effect anxiety

Hope it helps.. 😊

You may also like...