Time of the month😕

Hello ladies

Has anyone experience panic attacks around the time of the month?

For the last couple of months I've noticed that i get a panic attack while on my period

I feel a rush sort of like a hot flash and then bang!💥 I get a headache and i start to feel nauseous with a little chest pain.. it feels like if im about to faint

I dont know if its an actual panic attack or something else

Ty!

UPDATE

Ive found an article that may help explain how hormones may effect anxiety

everydayhealth.com/anxiety/...

Hope it helps.. 😊

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

HealthUnlocked Health Blogger Awards

Which blogger helps you manage your condition?

Vote now

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes! The week of my period sucks with anxiety. I always feel on edge that week. You're definitely not alone and there's most certainly a hormonal aspect to it.

• Thank you for replying! 😊

• Yes, I do. I am on birth control and don't take the placebo week. When I'm done with the active pills in one pack, I move on to the active pills in the next pack- no "time of the month". I do this because of the increased anxiety and mood swings with my PMS. It helps tremendously.

• I do get extremely anxious and tearful about a lit of things. Before my partner passed he would say I think you are expecting your period.

• Yes I'm more on edge and anxious around this time - crazy hormones!! More emotional and likely to overthink etc. I try and give myself a break and let myself be a bit emotional etc all about acceptance x

• My ex-boyfriend knew before I did that my cycle would start soon. He would give me the hint by putting a half gallon of cookie dough ice cream in the freezer and baking a pan of brownies for me...LOL...... Now in peri-menepause times it by 50, I am a basket case and can't take HRT. However you do realize why and know it will get better in 5-7 days.

• Definitely experiencing this today - does anyone have advice on how to deal with this? Feel absolutely hopeless, have been crying on and off all morning, head full of intrusive thoughts, wondering how on earth I will manage being back at work next week, and just feeling miserable.

• Hi ive found an article that may help explain how hormones may effect anxiety

Hope it helps.. 😊

• Yep. I just noticed that before my period (1 day before or so) I get worse anxiety

• Same thing happens to my granddaughter. I have been leeping track anyone with advice on that it would be helpful.

• Hi Ive found an article that may help explain how hormones may effect anxiety

Hope it helps.. 😊

You may also like...