Multiple anxiety attacks

Hello

My name is Sherri and I am 48 years old.

I have had generalised anxiety disorder since I was in my early teens. I have been successful at keeping it under control until this past year. I own a business that provides 24/7 care to the elderly. I was alright until my dear friend of 28 years passed away last July. During that time I was also diagnosed with a health problem which is not getting any better, sadly. Since then my business has been struggling. I decided it would be in my best interest to sell the business. Fortunately, I have two people in the process of purchasing it. I know it has to be done and I'm going through all the formalities if paperwork. However, I started having multiple anxiety attacks with this change. My head and my mind are exhausted from this and I just want to curl up in a corner and die. I'm scared and I will not put myself back on an anti anxiety pill. I was tapered off clonezapam several years ago and it was a very frightening experience. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this transition not so horridly painful right now?

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You are going through a bit of a loss at the moment, and perhaps are grieving a bit at the selling of your "baby", a business you started and now need to leave behind.

You've had three major changes in your life recently. The death of your friend, a change in your health, and leaving employment. Triple whammy on your coping skills with anxiety.

If you're avoiding medication even on the short term to help you through this, there are a number of self help resources through this venue to try.

For me, exercise, even just walking several miles a day, meditation, making certain I'm eating properly, and talking to friends I can trust helps.

I certain others will be responding to your post as well. Best wishes that today is a bit better than yesterday.

• Thank you for putting my anxiety attacks in perspective. It does make perfect sense. Giving care to the elderly 24/7 is stressful and yes, it's very frustrating when I can't do what I started doing. I had an appointment with my therapist yesterday and we decided that I will go back to weekly sessions because I just received a call from my attorney who finished reviewing the buyers contract and was ready for me to sign it. In less than 50 days my business will be turned over to a corporation. I am excited, but at the same time I have so much to do and I have to maintain a staff which is a nightmare within itself.

• You are moving on to a new future, while wrapping up the past. Have a lot on your plate, and wouldn't be wonderful to have a celebration after signing your business papers over to a corporation. Something to make the moment important and create a memory for you, instead just signing your name on papers alone in an office.

Is that possible for you to arrange? Have you several friends who could meet you and go to dinner and drinks and toast to your success...or something like that? I hope so.

Am glad your therapist is available to you. Very glad.

You may also like...